Bumper Clicking

Awfulz

I've been having a little bit of problem with my Odin's Raven lately, first I have the B button sticking in which I fixed by getting a Q-tip and dabbing rubbing alcohol around the button. Then I had the problem of having to pull up my PS3 left analog because it gets pushed down to far and isn't able to be pushed down anymore. Now, I have a new problem; nothing severe for the controller.. but it's really loud, and it bugs me. So, you know when you push the bumpers, you're pushing it with you mid-finger, causing the whole bumper to go down at one? Well, it's usually quiet and you can just "feel" the click.. but my right bumpers make a really loud clicking noise, like old mouses do when you right/left click. Normally I wouldn't even attempt to fix it, but I have Turtle Beach X41 and because I do, the mic is extra-extra sensitive, so whenever I throw a grenade (or use my left bumper) the mic picks it up. I've searched Google, and can't find anyone else with a similar problem.. so what caused it and how can I fix it? (If anyone here knows).. thanks in advanced.

odingalt

Staff member
Awfulz said:
I've been having a little bit of problem with my Odin's Raven lately, first I have the B button sticking in which I fixed by getting a Q-tip and dabbing rubbing alcohol around the button. Then I had the problem of having to pull up my PS3 left analog because it gets pushed down to far and isn't able to be pushed down anymore. Now, I have a new problem; nothing severe for the controller.. but it's really loud, and it bugs me. So, you know when you push the bumpers, you're pushing it with you mid-finger, causing the whole bumper to go down at one? Well, it's usually quiet and you can just "feel" the click.. but my right bumpers make a really loud clicking noise, like old mouses do when you right/left click. Normally I wouldn't even attempt to fix it, but I have Turtle Beach X41 and because I do, the mic is extra-extra sensitive, so whenever I throw a grenade (or use my left bumper) the mic picks it up. I've searched Google, and can't find anyone else with a similar problem.. so what caused it and how can I fix it? (If anyone here knows).. thanks in advanced.

Are you SURE you didn't whack the the controller on something hard? Because the little switches under the bumpers are tiny and can't take blunt force trauma :D

I'll have the shop staff take a look at it if you're willing to cover the shipping costs? (original order date 6/18/2010) The two things that come to mind are either damaged little switch behind the bumper or shell not assembled quite right / shell has shifted somehow causing bumper not to move properly within the shell. Shoot me a PM.