Burst fire...

noyoulookout

So all the burst fire and rapid fire options work with all guns on MW2? sorry but i dont want to spend this money for stuff that doesnt do what i want.

odingalt

Staff member
No, the answer should be no, the burst firing doesn't work with automatics.

Wait, does it? Holy shit lol I invented this thing, I've never tried, James are you sure it works? Somebody was asking me the other day if we could take like the Scar and get burst firing, that would be sic to be able to burst fire one of those weapons for ammo conservation or what not.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You know, I bet you could get a burst fireing of sorts by making the controller hold the trigger for a certain amount of time and then let go. I asume that the chip always has to do the shooting, and even when it's off it mimics what you do to the trigger. I assume this because otherwise if you held down the trigger it would complete the curcuit and cancel what the chip is trying to do. So it would be possible, although each gun would need different timings to get exactly three or five shots. You could probably have just a long and short bursts though, which would be aproximatly three and five shots for every gun.

Fredrow

Well you kind of get the idea. But how is the Viking chip going to know when the trigger is pulled with out being pulled?

Fredrow

Ha.... It just hit me. Can someone test this theory out for me at the moment my controller doesn't have its Viking chip installed into it.

Someone with a Raven should up-load the popular 8-mode pre-set but use the one that makes you shoot your rapid-fire gun using the right tact switch. I think this may work for the burst fire on full-auto guns......

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, what I was trying to say was that when you are using rapidfire, you hold down the trigger, right? But the controller doesn't register it as the trigger being held down, right? It registers it as repeatedly being pulled. That is the chip. I asume that to make it work this way, the chip can tell when the trigger is pulled, and when rapidfire is turned off, the chip still gets the signal from the trigger, and then passes on the exact same signal to the controller. THe controller can no longer get the signal from the trigger it's self, it always gets the signal from the chip, which got a signal from the trigger. So, you could program the chip to hold down the trigger for this long every time the trigger is pressed once. Say, half a second, and see how many shots are put out by most guns in that amount of time. You then adust the timing until you are happy with the aproximate amount of bullets you are shooting. If this could be included in the GUI, people could adjust their own perfectly to shoot however many round bursts they want with any full-auto gun.

Fredrow

The thing that makes the burst fire work now is because it only works on single fire guns so holding the trigger down doesn't make the gun shoot all the time like it does on the full-auto guns. By pulling the trigger that tells the Viking chip to do its job. So when your using a full auto gun and you pull the trigger (if your in burst mode) it sends the signal to the Viking chip but at the same time its sending the signal to the brains of the 360 controller and since your using a full-auto gun its going to keep firing because you have the trigger pulled.

Also if you just pull the trigger for a 1/2 sec your only going to shoot a couple bullets any ways... For burst fir I don't want to keep having to pull the trigger. I want burst fire like it is on the M16(with high rate of fire) right now......

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Alright, I asummed that the brain of the 360 controller no longer gets the signal from the trigger. So how does that work, that the controller can tell the tigger is being held down, but it still thinks its being pressed at the same time? I remember odingalt saying that you couldn't rapidfire B by holding down B because when you hold it down that cancels out the tapping that the viking chip is trying to do.

Fredrow

With the B button, I think that it's an input only on the Viking chip and I think the right thumbstick is an input only and the rest are all I/O.....

Ok look at it this way with the right trigger. Let’s say you are using a controller without the Viking chip installed into it, and you’re playing MW2. When you use the M4A1 gun and pull the right trigger and hold it, what happens? Well you will shoot until the clip runs out...etc...... But let’s say you are using the FAL and you pull the right trigger and hold it, what happens? You will just shoot one shot and then nothing happens until you release the trigger and pull it again.

Now let’s look at it again doing the same thing but this time our controller has the Viking chip installed into it. So let’s say we are using the "High Rate of Fire," mode. We will try out the M4A1 again, when you pull the right trigger and hold it, what happens? Same thing as what happened before but now the bullets are coming out kind of weird because we are using the "High Rate of Fire." Now on with the FAL, we pull the trigger and hold it, now the FAL will unload its whole clip.

The Viking chip needs to be engaged on by the pulling of the right trigger then it sends the signal to the brains of the 360 controller.

How to make the burst fire work with full-auto guns the Viking chip would have to send a pulse to the wiper of the right trigger to pause it.
You know after thinking about it I think it can be done. Because if Odin where to go in a re-write the code to send a pulse that would invert the signal on the wiper and have it latch on for (X)amount of mS, then have it unlatch..... But then you have to think about if doing it this way would cause the right triggers POT to either get worn down faster or just burn up......

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, I no longer have any Idea what happens. I thought that the triggers were no longer conected to the brain of the controller, and instead connected only to the chip. I guess I was wrong.

Fredrow

Yo, it's all good dude!! You kind of get the whole concept of how the V360-chip works, which is way more than other people seem to understand.

Then again, I could be wrong myself about it too, I have only 1 and 3/4th's of a year worth of ELEC-Tech knowledge up in my brain......