Button Test Code Problems

Reaver

Hey all having a few problems, I've just installed the button test code on the my duo and it was working fine, I unplugged the battery to turn it off then plugged it back in to get ready to put it into programmable mode. As soon as the battery goes in LED 4 flashes once, then three times then four times and repeats. It doesn't go into programmable mode and the HID bootloader wont recognise the controller so I cant put different drivers on the controller. I've had a look round but am unable to find instructions for the button test code drivers, if anyone can link me to them I would appreciate it or if anyone has any advice to solve my problem it would be great.

Thanks in advance for the replies :mrgreen:

IrishStyle

Unplug you xbox first and open up HID Loader....then with the power off on the controller, hold the Right tact Switch and power the controller on....#1 and #2 led's should be lit up now indicating its in bootloader mode....then plug in your 3.5mm jack or PNC(Not sure which option you have) into your controller then into you computer.

Reaver

Yup im doing all of that, it worked fine before putting the button test code in. Does LED 4 flash to notify the battery power supply? It seems to be flashing for the programmable mode but as soon as the USB goes in the programmable lights go out as you would expect but the bootloader doesnt detect the device and LED 3 starts flashing, presumably to notify power from the USB???

Reaver

OK fixed it I think. If anyone else has this problem, before u plug in the battery hold down the right tac and the power button, then pop in the battery on the back, it wont start notifying what power supply it is then. Sorry if all this was me being dim :)

odingalt

Staff member
Reaver, next time you reflash, try checking the 'allow word configuraiton programming' box, this shoudl at least make it so you can hold down the tac after putting in the battery pack, but before powering up.