Buttons not saving

Nightwolf

Spent all day today trying to get some SF4 macros going. Had some success, but I am noticing 2 patterns with my controller that are driving me insane:

If I open a Macros Set, and edit one of the tacs, I then import to controller, but when I go to my XBOX the tac switch does nothing at all, the only way it will do something is if I load the set again and leave it be, or assign something else to it, if I edit something in timeline, it does nothing.

Secondly, this is an example of my next problem, seems to be happening often:

Cammy
========
Level 1 = 20 --> Medium attacks need to be Low - Macros shows them being light, but they come out medium in game????
Level 2 = 21
Level 3 = 12
Level 4 = 23
Level 5 = 24

I downloaded this set for SSF4 and am trying to use it in SF4. I checked online and all the motions are exactly the same, I went in SF4 to do her trials, and #1 failed, on closer inspection, I noticed Cammy was doing medium attacks, so I went to edit the macros (see above problem). On inspecting it, the buttons are set to Low attacks, as they should be, and are assigned to the low attacks buttons, but in game she is still doing medium attacks mid combo.

This is the correct combo how its set to the pad

-> [ Jump ] Heavy Kick
-> Light Kick
-> Light Punch
-> [ Crouch ] Light Kick
-> Heavy Spiral Arrow
-> Spin Drive Smasher

But she fires out this:

-> [ Jump ] Heavy Kick
-> Light Kick
-> Medium Punch
-> [ Crouch ] Medium Kick
-> Heavy Spiral Arrow
-> Spin Drive Smasher

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I give up, what's a low attack and what's a medium attack? Is this d-pad/joystick/buttons ?

BraveTitan

I'm just guessing here but the difference between medium and light attacks is how long the button is pressed? if so just check the timing of how long a button is pressed for. I've never played SF4 or any of them for that matter but the timing for that macros isn't completely exact sometimes the timing just gets messed up or off in the playback. At least this is what happens to me when I play with the Macro Recording and Playback feature.

Nightwolf

Timeline Editor impossible!

I can download Macros and use them perfectly, but when it comes to making my own macros for combos, nothing works at all. I can't even program in a simple Ryu Fireball (D,DF,F +P).

This has gone on for a few days now, today I spent 5 hours trying to get a simple combo to work, just my hands are not fast enough, this should have been done in 5 mins, but it's just not happening. I tested something, I download someone elses Macros for another fighting game (I am working on Streetfighter 3) and copied the fireball movement to a tee, it worked flawlessly from the macros I downloaded, but the one I copied off, didn't, why are my macros just not executing how I want?

Love the controller, love the macros library, but when it comes to making my own, I feel it's just no good for this for a newb like me.

djcdc

What I plan on doing at first is recording my moves real time then import to software. I will then later try to make my own.

Nightwolf

Yeah I am thinking of doing same will try later, will do the combo moves (in time or not) record them, then tweak