Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer Teaser

PS3andCOD

Contributor
A couple of things I noticed about the gameplay: 1 They seem to suck or something, they use entire clips on a single guy. 2 The crossbow didn't explode on impact like a noob tube. 3 The number of bullets left in your clip is just a number, not an animation. 4 Those RC cars are like predator missiles, but only 3 kilstreak...

Itz CHARLEY

PS3andCOD said:
A couple of things I noticed about the gameplay: 1 They seem to suck or something, they use entire clips on a single guy. 2 The crossbow didn't explode on impact like a noob tube. 3 The number of bullets left in your clip is just a number, not an animation. 4 Those RC cars are like predator missiles, but only 3 kilstreak...
well infnity ward was probably pulling off some sort of marketing stunt by pretending to suck making the game look more fun to people who like to kill noobs (pretty much everybody).

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

ahhhh this game is going to SUCK......i guess i better go get some more money on my paypal because it looks like im getting into another tenth lobby ;)

Awfulz

I think it looks amazing, but they did a bad job making everything look old.. I'm still going to buy it since I have the CoD Collection:

Call of Duty Classic
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4 (Game of The Year Edition)
Call of Duty 5
Call of Duty 6 (Limited Edition)
Future: Call of Duty 7 (Limited Edition)

Black Ops > MW2, MW2 was fun for the first week, finding all of the new things about the game..

Itz CHARLEY

Oh i thoucht they were just to make the gun look fat and ugly

also why do you think it will be bad? I like playing cod4 before cod 6 came out much more than i like playing cod 6. i think the only reason that cod is so fun is because everyone plays it and it has good multiplayer.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Itz CHARLEY said:

also why do you think it will be bad? I like playing cod4 before cod 6 came out much more than i like playing cod 6. i think the only reason that cod is so fun is because everyone plays it and it has good multiplayer.
I think black ops is going to suck because it's the MW2 engine(IW 4.0) and that rc bomb car at a 3 kill streak....over powered much? Noob tubes. Really those arnt gay and over powered?. And finnaly the knife in mw2. Bull-shit. The best call of duty PERIOD was CoD4.

Awfulz

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Itz CHARLEY said:

I think black ops is going to suck because it's the MW2 engine(IW 4.0) and that rc bomb car at a 3 kill streak....over powered much? Noob tubes. Really those arnt gay and over powered?. And finnaly the knife in mw2. Bull-poop. The best call of duty PERIOD was CoD4.

1) Black Ops is running of a new engine made my Trey Arch (Infinity Ward's engine is copyrighted..)
2) You only have 5 seconds to use the RC Car, so it's hard to get a kill with it
3) Noob tubes are a nice option, but do become cheap after awhile (but after a while, people don't use them)
4) As long as they don't have Commando / Tactical Knife then BlackOps will be fine with knifes :p
5) CoD4 has all of reason you said BlackOps sucks? Except it runs on IW 3.0, the last time I checked.

- No matter what engine, you can always recode a game.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You both have valid points there... I didn't think it looked quite the same as MW2, I didn't think it was the same engine but I wasn't sure... On egood thing about the bomb car is it looks like it's just C4, so it will have a smaller explosion radius than the pred missiles do.

apcoop7

IrishStyle said:
Another game prestige won't matter in. Time for new modded lobby files lol

Each game has a max limit of XP you can earn...that's treyarch's way of stopping the jtag

Awfulz

apcoop7 said:
IrishStyle said:

Each game has a max limit of XP you can earn...that's treyarch's way of stopping the jtag
Lets hope there is Zombies or Co-Op campaign, iso to the rescue.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
apcoop7 said:
IrishStyle said:

That's gay. I had 12500 xp in a game oncee... Legit, no boosting or anything. I guess it might curb boosters too though. But jtags could just change that couldn't they? Or is it on the serer? Or how about make the score limit 1 kill, and then you get the max in one kill and start a new game? Woudn't be as fast, but it would work.

Awfulz

PS3andCOD said:
apcoop7 said:
IrishStyle said:

That's gay. I had 12500 xp in a game oncee... Legit, no boosting or anything. I guess it might curb boosters too though. But jtags could just change that couldn't they? Or is it on the serer? Or how about make the score limit 1 kill, and then you get the max in one kill and start a new game? Woudn't be as fast, but it would work.
It wouldn't be something that would be possible to get in a real game, they'de probably take the most unlikely outcome into prespective. They'd probably put the XP cap to the max score you could get, aka: if you got all the kills and everything else that gives XP. Also, no. Jtags can change values in the coding of games, they can't change server settings. But no, it wouldn't be on the server. Call of Duty servers are there for information and connection, AE: Leaderboards, choosing the host, etc. The only way to mod an XP cap is to get an ISO, and edit the setting and value of how much EXP per kill. But ISOs can only be used in co-op type games, online without getting obvious. You'd also have to be host. The only other way is to boost, or jtag the value of a kill to the EXP cap, aka: the highest XP per game/kill (depending on how they'd do it).

PS3andCOD

Contributor
What is the max XP per game? I don't think that's possible to calculate. My 12500 game was demolition I think, 55 kills or so and multiple bomb defuse/plants... In an objective game type, you can have unlimited kills. Also, if it gives kill bonuses like MW2 (first blood, headshot multikill etc) that adds hundreds more XP per kill that is possible... I guess they'll start where they feel is reasonable, and raise it if they get lots of complaints from legit players saying they got capped.

Awfulz

PS3andCOD said:
What is the max XP per game? I don't think that's possible to calculate. My 12500 game was demolition I think, 55 kills or so and multiple bomb defuse/plants... In an objective game type, you can have unlimited kills. Also, if it gives kill bonuses like MW2 (first blood, headshot multikill etc) that adds hundreds more XP per kill that is possible... I guess they'll start where they feel is reasonable, and raise it if they get lots of complaints from legit players saying they got capped.
They'd probably calculate it like this:

Every kill a head shot + execution
Capture every objective / got every kill or until timer ends
Got every accolade bonus
Round to nearest thousand

Something like that, or maybe they'll just take a big number like 50000, who knows. But that's just my idea.
Oh and I just noticed something after rematching it, M1A1. It looks like when you stab someone, your knife gets stuck in them and you have to put a new blade in the knife, so you have to do a type of reload, that's another way the knife won't be so cheap :)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I guess. 50000 is too high to ever be scored without atleast boosting. TThe knife you put a new blade in is like a throwing knife, it launches the blade.