Can't connect to computer

sigsauerman

I'm not having any luck connecting my controller to my computer. The instructions state:

1. Begin with your Berserker powered off.
2. Plug the USB cable into your Berserker and the other end into your Windows PC.
3. Hold down the Left Bumper and Right Bumper, and then power on your Berserker.
4. The LED’s should flash purple and your computer should connect to the Berserker.

When i plug the other end of the USB cable into the computer the controller powers. In order to get the purple LED I must hold down the left bumper and right bumper then plug in the other end of the cable. The purple LED does not flash on my controller.

I've tried two different cables and every port on my computer. Windows recognizes the controller but the berserker software does not. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 5

sigsauerman

I loaded the 5-18-2014 firmware and everything worked well. I rebooted the controller and now i'm stuck again. When i try to load a rune only the top right purple LED lights up.

odingalt

Staff member
Not sure if this is related but this has gotten some people: XBOX One controller will power itself off (for power saving). To prevent this, plug in a second USB cable from the top of the controller to your PC, or, sync the controller to a nearby XBOX One console when programming.

sigsauerman

I tried it with both cables connected to the controller. All for LEDs light up purple no flashing. I tried it with the second USB cable connected to a computer and to the Xbox both gave me four solid purple LEDs.

Any suggestions?

bonefisher

Did you sync to Xbox first? If your not too far away from Xbox you shoulded need both cables. Then make sure you turn off controller plug in the port underneath by paddles. Hold left bumper right bumper then touch power button on controller should start blinking lights up to receive download.

sigsauerman

I'm in the same room as my XBOX and the controller is sync'ed. I followed the steps as you have outlined, no flashing LEDs only solid purple LEDs.

odingalt

Staff member
The first time I plug a Berserker into my laptop it has to install USB drivers for the Berserker. The drivers are automatic on Windows (or should be unless something goes wrong, i.e. if you are on old service pack or a virus scanner stops it etc.).

This smells like either the USB jack has gone bad on the controller (hardware issue requiring you to return the product to the shop for repair), a USB driver that didn't install (are you running latest service pack, legit and not a pirated copy of windows, and no overly zealous virus scanners or outdated cell phone software like palmOS devices), or even less likely a laptop or USB that has a USB port that's just not happy.

I would say either ship it back to the shop for diagnosis, or as a last ditch effort if you have any other windows PC you could try, try it on a different PC but then give up and ship it back to the shop. :-(