Can't Get Akimbo To Work

LoveKillzSlowly

So I downloaded the akimbo rapidfire from the macro library and I can't get it to work. Neither RT or tact switch work for me. The right trigger works fine but the left trigger only shoots out one bullet. I am also having problems with rapidfire on the left trigger. Is this happening to anyone else?

odingalt

Staff member
Weird. Is this associated with any software change or firmware change recently or ?

I was just using the akimbo scripts last night and were working fine for me.

Doc

I just loaded up the akimbo vkms for the tac switch and the right trigger using the new 0.8.2.3 software and everything is working fine for me.

LoveKillzSlowly

I just got my controller yesterday afternoon and I have only used the latest firmware on it.
I got akimbo to work by editing the macro you posted.
Yours:
s42sdy.png

Mine:
6r6cdg.png

This allows me to keep rapidfire and akimbo mode on and still aim down sight.

I don't know if my controller is messed up but i hope this is fixed soon. Another thing that is bugging me is the right analog sticks on my controller if I slightly move the joysticks to the lower right you can notice my guy in MW2 starts moving on its own if i let go of the joysticks(hardware defect). This is annoying especially when I am recording a macro since it does show up. I think I might actually open up a support ticket. Since my right trigger, right analog stick and the dpad needs to be fixed and maybe have a look at the viking chip. I am hoping they can replace the right joystick mechanism or better yet replace the whole controller and actually test out the controller in gameplay and whiling recording to make sure none of the buttons are defective, stuck or moving on it's own. Sorry to be a pain in the a--

odingalt

Staff member
Should be able to fix up everything except the analog sticks, most brand new controllers are overly sensitive.

Could change the modchip in firmware to ignore the most sensitive of presses so at least it won't show up in the timeline editor?

odingalt

Staff member
Did you assign it to your left trigger, the right trigger, or a tac switch when you were trying to use it?

LoveKillzSlowly

I tried assigning "Rapidfire - Akimbo Spray - Tac Switch (10SPS)" to a tac and "Rapidfire - Akimbo Spray - Right Trigger (10SPS)" to the right trigger and I get the same results. I have to edit it (see the pictures I posted above) for it to work since the macro you posted doesn't work on my controller, which is a problem. Still can't get rapidfire on the left trigger alone.

odingalt

Staff member
In this particular case, starting to sound more like a hardware problem did you get an rma?

LoveKillzSlowly

I just sent them a message requesting a shipping label since there is so much things wrong with this controller. If I keep this controller any longer i am going to find more problems with it. lol

1)Having issues w/ left trigger whenever I assign rapidfire/akimbo.
2)Right analog moves on it's own.
3)The right trigger sometimes gets stuck and is noticeable in certain games.
4) tac #2 has a bigger hole than the rest of the other tacs and the button can easily get pressed because I can push the button from the side instead of directly on top and since the hole is bigger it doesn't hit the wall like the other tacs.
5)The rubber underneath the D-pad needs to be readjusted.

My controller feels like it was rushed out.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because they were behind schedule at the time.

LoveKillzSlowly

v360Reflex said:
lovekillzslowly can you post the Akimbo that works with the Aim-down sight? please

Try this, I have no idea if It will work for you, but I know it works on my controller but that's probably because my controller is messed up. I can't use any of the macros from the library when assigning macros to the left trigger.

v360Reflex

it works.. except i thought that you said yesterday on my topic that you fixed the problem wear it zooms in/out ... well this problem is big for me.. cuz i love using akimbo... so OD, if you have any time please try and fix this akimbo problem..

LoveKillzSlowly

That's what I'm trying to tell you, that it doesn't zoom in & out when I am aiming down sight. For some reason it works for my controller. I can't get normal akimbo to work because the LT only shoots one bullet. So I modified it so that it will work and it doesn't scope in & out.

odingalt

Staff member
The shop sent LoveKillz a return label today, sounds like hardware issue on the Left Trigger! Different issue than reflex's parallel thread on Akimbo and scoping.

odingalt

Staff member
Yes, the Odin's Raven worked just like this one when you leave akimbo on. Odin's Raven would 'descope' slightly when firing with FAL (look at v360's youtube video and you will see what I am talking about)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Yes, the Odin's Raven worked just like this one when you leave akimbo on. Odin's Raven would 'descope' slightly when firing with FAL (look at v360's youtube video and you will see what I am talking about)
Test this later when I get home ;)