cant get into programmable mode

ronnie09

just got odins raven few days ago had used all in one preset but just tried to get into programmable mode now followed video instructions and it says device not detected verify devce is in bootloaded more any suggestions its goot a plug and chage connecton but when i try get it in program mode it just doesnt go period the lights dont go like they do on vid i removed batteries and tried loads ect

IrishStyle

ronnie09 said:
just got odins raven few days ago had used all in one preset but just tried to get into programmable mode now followed video instructions and it says device not detected verify devce is in bootloaded more any suggestions its goot a plug and chage connecton but when i try get it in program mode it just doesnt go period the lights dont go like they do on vid i removed batteries and tried loads ect

Open HID loader, then hold down the right tact and power on the controller. The #1 and #2 led's should be lit up. Now connect to your pc and hid loader should recognize it. Also try unplugging your xbox, this will keep your controller from trying to sync with it. Also if you are on XP make sure you have .net framework installed.

ScorpioRN56

This might sound like a funny answer but make sure your XBox is unplugged and the try. My controller would not go into programming mode either it would turn my xbox on even when I was downstairs, so I started unplugging it and works fine.

Night

Doesn't work with my windows 7. .I dunno what to do??

Also do I have to keep word configuration on every time I program my controller? What does it do?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Night said:

Also do I have to keep word configuration on every time I program my controller? What does it do?
You only need to use that the first time you reprogram the controller

Fredrow

Night said:

Fresh batteries is what you need!!!! I just ran into this problem the other night. And after opening up the controller 3 times and checking wires and basiclly anything that would cause this, I then used fresh batteries and it went into bootloader like Paris Hilton taking a _____;

obo

i kind of made a funny discovery today, my xbox synced up with my controller while i turned it on in programming mode today. and the controller didnt look like it was in programming mode. but on my computer it said device attatched, so i thought, what the hell, lets try it.
Turns out you can program a controller while its synced to your xbox. i think its because the chip is a separate device than the xbox controller board, but yeah, worked fine for me :D

Night

I had brand new batteries right outta the box today. Tried different ones, still didn't work.

IrishStyle

Unplug you xbox, then put into bootloader mode. If you have a 3.5mm jack make sure its bottoming out when you put it in.

Fredrow

Yes the the boot-loader works with Windows 7..... You might have an issue with your computer its self. Have you tried out other devices in your USB port?

Also the word configuration is for the CG2 boards and the Old Matrix board. But we tell everyone to check that box. And please don't ask why we have everyone do it.....

Night

Nope, I didn't fix the problem, it still persists. Any advice, it seems if I go from an older driver EX. CoD WaW, to MW2 it doesn't work but if I go from MW2 to CoD Waw it works.

Fredrow

Night said:
Nope, I didn't fix the problem, it still persists. Any advice, it seems if I go from an older driver EX. CoD WaW, to MW2 it doesn't work but if I go from MW2 to CoD Waw it works.

Have you tried to erase the controller first from the boot-loader and do a new clean install of a driver??

odingalt

Staff member
If our tech's forgot to click the 'allow configuration word programming' box before shipping your controller:

Pull the batteries out.
Start holding down the right tac switch.
Start holding down the xbox guide button (that powers up the controller)
Push in the batteries
LED1/LED2 should go out
Can release the xbox guide button and right tac switch

In other words you're trying to hold all the buttons THEN push in the battery pack so it's getting the signal to go into bootloader just as soon as the battery voltage is applied. I didn't read this thread thooroughly my apologies I just thought I'd mention this trick to anybody who can't seem to get a controller to go into bootloader mode.

Ok i Just bought the Odins Raven Controller.
I ordered the one with the 3.5 m cable for transferring the drivers.
I am having trouble doing that.
I downloaded the drivers and saved them but i cannot get them to the controller.
The only thing the controller has is the presets that came with the controller.

can anyone send me a video on how to do this or call or anything?