Capture Card Questions

Awfulz

My question is simple. I play xbox through HDMI, and my TV has an output but I use that for my surround sound. With this said, could I use my original xbox cord (the one for yellow+white+red connections) go to my video capture card, while I play with my HDMI cable? I have the Dazzle Capture Card.

Krier023

Useful Poster
um i believe you can but i think you need splitters. why dont you just get splitters for your output and run one set of wires from the splitters to the dazzle then one set from the splitters to the surround sound

Awfulz

Most splitters only let you have 1 output destination at once. Not to mention they are pretty big. And I need sound to come to my headset + my surround sound (for company) + my video capture card.

Awfulz

I figured everything out. My setup at the moment requires me to take down my HDMI, and use the HD component cables. I use the 3 HD component cables on my TV, then the 3 AV cables on the cap card. In my cap card's red and white ports, there is a 1 male to 2 female splitter. I plug the red and the white from the xbox component cables into the top of the splitter, and I have a singles red and white coming out of the bottom to the TV. Everything seems to work nice, if anyone else has a problem deciding what capture card to get, or how it will hook up.. just ask me, and I'll upload a picture/diagram, because it got me really confused.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Awfulz said:
I figured everything out. My setup at the moment requires me to take down my HDMI, and use the HD component cables. I use the 3 HD component cables on my TV, then the 3 AV cables on the cap card. In my cap card's red and white ports, there is a 1 male to 2 female splitter. I plug the red and the white from the xbox component cables into the top of the splitter, and I have a singles red and white coming out of the bottom to the TV. Everything seems to work nice, if anyone else has a problem deciding what capture card to get, or how it will hook up.. just ask me, and I'll upload a picture/diagram, because it got me really confused.
i told you that but you where like Nooooo!

Awfulz

I'm using 2 TV's (32-inch, 24-inch) and a 19' monitor. I just made my 2 audio ports output, and had enough jacks to set the rest up without splitters. The Dazzle quality was nice, but I didn't think it was worth giving up HDMI for, so I went ahead and got a BlackMagic HD Capture Card (since I have an all-in-one system anyways), and am currently waiting for it to get here, I'll report back.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah i heard the blackmagic was a nice one. did you get the shuttle or the pro. because i was gonna trade for a shuttle, but i think they have like 3.0 usb or something, and i dont have 3.0 on my laptop.