Capture Card?

Krier023

Useful Poster
Dazzle can get to be pretty good if you use the right settings. You can also pick one up for 20-30 off ebay. The only problem is you wont really find a good capture card for your price range. If you have a pc with an open pcie slot then you can get an avermedia hd. It is around 90 dollars. All the other ones that are even close to good are in the 200 range(blackmagic, hdpvr) Also make sure you dont go for the "hd recorders" because most of them will let you play in hd, but they will only capture in standard def.

Krier023

Useful Poster
If you want to play in hd here is how you do it. get the xbox cables to hook your xbox to a pc monitor, then get a pc to tv box. Plug your xbox into that, then on the other side get a vga to composite. then plug the dazzle to the side of the pc to tv. play in hd and record in sd.

Fredrow

What would be better to get i'm on a $50-$90 budget for capture cards, anyone have any good input for one?

Well since your on a budget, then shop around eBay dude.... Or checkout NewEgg because they are always having great deals all the time, plus with NewEgg you wont have to worry about sales tax and a lot of the time with there stuff that is on sale it usually comes with Free Shipping....

The other thing you gotta think about too is if your PC can handle it!!! Do you got a nuce big HD and a sweet CPU and then some great sticks of RAM to top it off!!!! (I would think you would need a pretty good PC setup when running a capture card, but IDK since I use a capture card...lol... haha)

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Well since your on a budget, then shop around eBay dude.... Or checkout NewEgg because they are always having great deals all the time, plus with NewEgg you wont have to worry about sales tax and a lot of the time with there stuff that is on sale it usually comes with Free Shipping....

The other thing you gotta think about too is if your PC can handle it!!! Do you got a nuce big HD and a sweet CPU and then some great sticks of RAM to top it off!!!! (I would think you would need a pretty good PC setup when running a capture card, but IDK since I use a capture card...lol... haha)
My computer is definitely able to handle it, but thanks for the input. :cool:

Roxio has there capture card for $69.99 with free shipping I think i'm going to get that.

Last edited:

Krier023

Useful Poster
Roxio only records in sd. Take a look at binnos vids though he uses a roxio. Look into some reviews though. ive heard bad things.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Roxio only records in sd. Take a look at binnos vids though he uses a roxio. Look into some reviews though. ive heard bad things.
You record in SD, but can render in HD. It's not the best but some people have great quality settings that look up to par with the hauppauge.

Fredrow

You record in SD, but can render in HD. It's not the best but some people have great quality settings that look up to par with the hauppauge.

Krier makes a good point! Then you even acknowledged it! You should get one that records in HD. Even though your able to convert it into HD; its still not true HD.
If you want the true HD then you should get something that records true HD!!

So Jack-off what's your PC specs? If you don't mind me asking??

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Krier makes a good point! Then you even acknowledged it! You should get one that records in HD. Even though your able to convert it into HD; its still not true HD.
If you want the true HD then you should get something that records true HD!!

So Jack-off what's your PC specs? If you don't mind me asking??

ATI 5650 I think with 512MB VDDR5
AMD Triple Core Processor 2.1 GHz
4GB DDR3 Ram
Beats Audio

There is the basics handling the capture card isn't the problem, because my friend has one at his house and we used my computer.

Last edited:

Fredrow

ATI 5650 I think with 512MB VDDR5
AMD Triple Core Processor 2.1 GHz
4GB DDR3 Ram
Beats Audio

There is the basics handling the capture card isn't the problem, because my friend has one at his house and we used my computer.

Hahaha, that is the cutest little picture in the world!!!! (Just playing around dude!)

I can't see nothing from that screen-shot you did.. Buts its all good.....
When you take screen-shots do you use the new "snipping-tool" in Windows 7?

Krier023

Useful Poster
All I am saying is if you arent going to buy a hauppage, or blackmagic, save yourself the 40 dollars because the roxio and the dazzle have very very small difference in original quality. get some good rendering settings in vegas and you will be good to go.