Change User Name function added to Forge

odingalt

Staff member
New feature was deployed to the Viking Forge late this evening. You now have the ability to change your user name to your liking. Your user name no longer has to be an e-mail address. The Forge now keeps your e-mail address separately from your user name.

upload_2015-10-5_19-59-31.png
upload_2015-10-5_19-59-44.png

Previously, all user names were permanently stuck to the e-mail address you used when you intially purchased your Berserker. You could not change your name, meaning that your e-mail address would be displayed publicly any time that you published a runepack.

Now, your user name is still defaulted to the e-mail address you used when you initially purchased our Berserker. But, you can now log into your account and select the Change User Name function. You can change your name to a regular user name (does not need to be an e-mail address).

The user name is what is used to log in. So if you change your user name, write it down so you don't forget. We will have yet to implement a "I forgot my user name!" link. For now, if you do forget your user name, you can e-mail support and we can look it up manually based on your e-mail address.

bonefisher

The feature in forge worked but not signing in to app. It says Logging in, please wait and stays like that.

odingalt

Staff member
Bonefisher I have to reset your password to do some testing using your user - sorry - will PM you your temporary reset password.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I have isolated the problem and am coming up with the solution. Stand by.

odingalt

Staff member
Problem: "I changed my user name, and now I can't log into the forge using the USB app".

Solution #1: In windows, close the Forge App. Then go to "Manage Windows Credentials" and delete the forge.vikingdigital.com entry under Generic Credentials. Now open the Forge App and be sure to enter your new username.
Solution #2: Download the new Windows or MacOSX app. The new app will detect that your username has changed and kick you back to the login screen so you can enter your new username.

Download links for the latest version of the app that fixes the "I changed my user name and now I can't log in using the App" problem:

http://www.viking360.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-Windows-App-10-6-2015.zip
https://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-OSX-App-12-5-2015.zip

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
My next to-do list is to make these apps "self updating", so that if I have to roll any quick fixes like this in the future, they will come automatically.