Changing the modes?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, that makes sense. 10 isn't too hard or anything, you just move the decimal place over one. lol as long as it's not some random number like 17 or something like that it should be fine.

Kamikazekid

I know that 10 would be easy, but why not just put it as 1.0 so that you simply type in the number of sps you want. I mean no one is going to use the 10 sps anyway.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Um... The last page has me ask that and then odingalt answers. Why'd you ask again? It was the same thread for god's sake!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Oh well. It happens sometimes. At least you didn't start a bunch of threads about the same thing like some people have before...

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Lol I don't even have an xbox. I'm waiting for the theoretical PS3 version that may or may not end up being made. If I had the money, AKA I was rich, I'd be out there buying an xbox and one of these right now... If I owned an xbox I'd order one as soon as I had the cash.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well... Originaly it was thought that there might be a way to make this one work on PC or PS3 via usb, but it didn't really work out... Odingalt seems to be thinking about it, but he has no certain plans as of yet.

odingalt

Staff member
I have dreams every night that I invent a PS3 mod. And every day I wake up and fall farther and farther behind trying to keep up with the Viking360 business lol.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well if you do it every night, it shouldn't be to hard t do it for real sometime. (I hate to do it, but this is the only way to show I am more joking than not...) :D

apcoop7

Here's an idea

Since you've been talking with your software developer, I think it would make everyone happy if the new software supported legacy controllers. Find a way to include all old/new features into the new software.

Kamikazekid

apcoop7 said:
Here's an idea

Since you've been talking with your software developer, I think it would make everyone happy if the new software supported legacy controllers. Find a way to include all old/new features into the new software.

No, you have to understand that the new controller has a completely different mod chip inside it and the software on it would not be compatible with the old controllers.

Jonny

Kamikazekid said:
apcoop7 said:
Here's an idea

No, you have to understand that the new controller has a completely different mod chip inside it and the software on it would not be compatible with the old controllers.

Exactly. For example the legacy only has the triggers and a few buttons set up as an input method and almost every button as an output but on the new controller it has every button as the input and output.
-there is the multi light tech, the analog converters for the sticks and triggers.. ect..

Alough i guess it would be possible if you were to make a new editor just for the legacy controllers where you can make your own customs rather than having to request them to be made..

Ben

I just wrote a post but not sure where it went. Probably edited someone's by accident instead, I've done that before lol anyways.. (sorry if i did btw)

V2 software could have a Tab for The Viking & another tab for Legacy Controller preset editor so there is just one software download for all the controllers.

apcoop7

Kamikazekid said:
apcoop7 said:
Here's an idea

No you misunderstood

I'm saying have support for BOTH Legacy and new

odingalt

Staff member
Ben. said:
I just wrote a post but not sure where it went. Probably edited someone's by accident instead, I've done that before lol anyways.. (sorry if i did btw)

V2 software could have a Tab for The Viking & another tab for Legacy Controller preset editor so there is just one software download for all the controllers.

To be honest with everybody, I don't really see the economy in this, would be like a $5,000 to $10,000 software job, and all it does is make it so users don't have to double-click to open the old software by itself... there would not be any added functionality for legacy owners as the hardware is not capable of most of the functions of the new controller.

Ben

Oh I thought it would be simple to do but obviously not..

Yeah it isn't necessary at all really :lol:

odingalt

Staff member
One thing I've learned, software can never be simple. "It's only as smart as you make it". I talk to our Windows software developer and he always makes fun of me. Once you dive into the ifs, ands or buts of a project, the cost always seems to go up lol