Charged for 2 Controllers??

xL Reaper

AVS Payment issue

Your card has been declined. The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.

So Shipping was the original problem, now this AVS mismatch is the next..

Seems like my business is not going far :(

Fredrow

Re: AVS Payment issue

If you live in North America, I could sell you a controller. I'm working on another custom controller which will be a red&black color scheme with red 360 sticks, and also have xcm lights inside of a normal Microsoft shell. I take payments through paypal. Just offering this to you since your having issues with viking's checkout payment.

xL Reaper

I live in Australia.

Perhaps you should set up a Ebay shop for Viking products, at least then you could have an alternative than your current checkout system.

Galen

an alternative that takes a portion of all their sales is not really ideal

xL Reaper

I attempted to buy 1 x Controller using the checkout feature on the main website, after entering my details i received the error.

AVS Mismatch - Address is not the same as the card - bullshit.

Today i checked my account to find 2 transactions were made, the same transactions that were supposed to be canceled, seems i have been charged twice.

I have not received any emails from this website to my email address, yet the payments have appeared on my VISA card.
I just got off the phone to my bank, they have removed the first transaction, as it was a "failed" transaction and classed as a duplicate.

My Bank has stated that if the goods are not received within 7 days, i am able to dispute the second transaction, hopefully this will not come to that.

No emails were sent to the designated email address i provided, which leads me to believe no goods and logins will be sent to me, please inform me of these details.

24/10/2010 958049227000000 Viking360.com \509-378181
$243.33
$243.33

These are the transactions that are my statement.

Original thread after attempting to buy the single controller - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2064

Fredrow

[color=#008000 said:
xL Reaper[/color]] I attempted to buy 1 x Controller using the checkout feature on the main website, after entering my details i recieved the error.

AVS Mismatch - Address is not the same as the card - poop.

Well no worries, so the transaction was canceled, correct?
Wrong!! After attempting to pay my Home loan, i noticed im missing $486.00 From my account.
Well i wonder where did my money go, seems as if Viking360.com charged me for two controllers that i DID NOT purchase!

No emails where sent, no verification was sent, the AVS mismatch error appeared, WHY WAS I CHARGED FOR NOT ONE BUT TWO?
To make this worse, i have received NOTHING from either authorize.net or viking360.com to either of my email address, if the transaction was canceled why was my payment processed twice?

$243.33
$243.33

Heres the details, i EXPECT something to be done about BOTH OF THESE transaction or i will pursue this further.

Original thread after attempting to buy the single controller - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2064

Well here is an option that you can try; this same method that I'm going to tell you about is used by over a Million different American customers every day.
CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. Really, do it!! I'm very surprised that you haven't attempted that yet! I know if I was in your shoes; one, they would be a dope pair of Jordan's and two, I would
have called the credit card company ASAP and had the charges declined. Because I don't know about you, but with me when it comes to money I don't wait around for people to contact me about
it I get up off my ace and take care of it. Sounds like you need to do the same thing in this situation.

xL Reaper

I edited my first post, called my bank.

They have declined the first transaction, they have left the second transaction open and awaiting a response from the seller (viking360).
Im happy to accept charges for this 1 x Controller ( Halo Edition ) though to my knowledge the transactions were declined, which leads me to believe Viking360 does not have any records of my shipping or transaction.

If you require any personal information to verify the attempt to purchase a controller, PM me and I'll gladly answer.

I also apologize if i came off rude in my previous post.

Fredrow

[color=#0000FF said:
xL Reaper[/color]] I edited my first post, called my bank.

They have declined the first transaction, they have left the second transaction open and awaiting a response from the seller (viking360).
Im happy to accept charges for this 1 x Controller ( Halo Edition ) though to my knowledge the transactions were declined, which leads me to believe Viking360 does not have any records of my shipping or transaction.

If you require any personal information to verify the attempt to purchase a controller, PM me and I'll gladly answer.

I also apologize if i came off rude in my previous post.

Dude even if you did attempt to sound rude, that's all good. I don't see a problem with someone getting heated over something like this; I was just trying to tell you that maybe you should turn your attention to your Bank because it seems like your Bank is going to help you out before Viking360 gets around to helping you out.

You know it's kind of funny that this is happening, because your not the only one it happened too and I would bet your not going to be the last. I say this because I'm sure this wouldn't have happened if Viking still used PayPal for there transactions.

xL Reaper

Yeah pay pal or Google checkout would be the safest way to go.
I guess i was not expecting to see two large chunks of cash missing when i went to pay my loan, either way im happy to pay for the single controller.

modded matt

paypal is good for you and me, but once you are listed as a buisness, it is a nightmare. they hold money randomly and make "blind deposits" then return them.. its not fun

odingalt

Staff member

xL Reaper said:
I live in Australia.

Perhaps you should set up a Ebay shop for Viking products, at least then you could have an alternative than your current checkout system.

E-bay = PayPal. We refuse to use PayPal as they hold 30% of all of our transactions for 90 days.

I sent you a PM regarding the issue with AVS and authorize.net. We were going to work something out with Craig at modspace.com.au.

It seems that authorize.net is hit-and-miss with international customers and taking payments. Ben is authorized to sell Viking360 products and he does take PayPal. WE'll never take PayPal again - we quit using PayPal over 2 months ago and they are still holding about $3,000 of our funds...

odingalt

Staff member
PS as of right now Viking360 has received $0 so honestly you should just go ahead and dispute the charges with your bank.

Concerning google checkout, when you are a first-time user of google checkout, they hold your funds for 10 business days + processing time after a transaction... which means we receive the cash about 3 weeks after the sale is made.