Confirmed mw2 mods wont work!

G

This is a copied message from fourzerotwo from infinity ward on modernwarfare2.com forum..its from the dual wielding pistols post he made earlier..Think there will be any way around this?

"Modded Controllers will not be usable in Modern Warfare 2."

"We can squash that concern for good."

Fredrow

I don't want to hear no rumors, or other people talking about rapid fire being blocked on MW2......Or any other
soon to be released games....

I will believe it when the game comes out and it happens to me......Untill then I guess it is going to be rumor city.......

G

Hopefully you guys can find a way around it...theres always a way...that came straight from one of the top guys at infinity ward..so they must have some idea of how to stop it

nalidz

I don't much about it but I don't think there is a way, you can't slow it down that much because there is a lot of people with fast fingers and if you limit the your gonna have a lot of unhappy gamers!

Blackburn

nalidz said:
I don't much about it but I don't think there is a way, you can't slow it down that much because there is a lot of people with fast fingers and if you limit the your gonna have a lot of unhappy gamers!
many people thought that the latest cod waw patch was unbreakable... yet, hazar and viking had codes out within 2 days of the patch.

haVOC1787

how will they block them lmao. just to note that unless every pistol is fully auto u cant block them. yes they may not get 20 sps but me personally i can pull the shit out of the right trigger. they wont be able to fully block them.

Blackburn

haVOC1787 said:
how will they block them lmao. just to note that unless every pistol is fully auto u cant block them. yes they may not get 20 sps but me personally i can pull the shit out of the right trigger. they wont be able to fully block them.
exactly :ugeek:

odingalt

Staff member
http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopi ... 4#p1531684

This is probably some Infinity Ward Fanboy that is a forum moderator, and not a real 'Infinity Ward Staff' member as stated in his avatar. I have no doubt that the 'awesome' factor of controller mod chips may diminish with any newer games that begin to combat controller mods.

You have to admit that the COD4 rapidfires available are much, much more awesome than the COD5 rapidfires available on the market.

haVOC1787

He is the Community Manager or something like that. He is basically PR. It wont matter how can they say I can pull a trigger at a fast speed.
odingalt said:
http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80428&p=1531684#p1531684

This is probably some Infinity Ward Fanboy that is a forum moderator, and not a real 'Infinity Ward Staff' member as stated in his avatar. I have no doubt that the 'awesome' factor of controller mod chips may diminish with any newer games that begin to combat controller mods.

You have to admit that the COD4 rapidfires available are much, much more awesome than the COD5 rapidfires available on the market.

chaosd

Well you know whats Funny, there is a little Mod Called XIM360, that Allows Keyboard & Mouse Support with 99% Accuracy.

And Guess what, its completely transparent to the Game and 100% Undetectable. Lets see Infinity Ward try to Block that.

EPIC FAIL!

Fredrow

chaosd said:
Well you know whats Funny, there is a little Mod Called XIM360, that Allows Keyboard & Mouse Support with 99% Accuracy.

And Guess what, its completely transparent to the Game and 100% Undetectable. Lets see Infinity Ward try to Block that.

EPIC FAIL!

What is this?? I tried to do some research about this mod, but really didn't turn up much on it??

Blackburn

Fredrow said:
chaosd said:

EPIC FAIL!

What is this?? I tried to do some research about this mod, but really didn't turn up much on it??
its made by XCM and its like $200. It's called the XFPS. LINK: http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_xfps_360.htm

haVOC1787

chaosd said:

EPIC FAIL!
They have blocked the rapid fire portion of it by limiting the max rate of fire on single fire weapons lol. I had one of the early xmc i think it was the 3.0 or something like that. was ok for halo but sucked on cod as you could not adjust the rate on the x,y axis and it had dead spots. You could not program the buttons either.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah there's a mod that lets you hook up a mouse. It takes quite a bit of calibration and tinkering to get working correctly (for each game), and they've had something like 3 different versions to date as earlier versions didn't work very well. If you think rapidfire ruins the 'equalness' of the game, then the XCM mouse mod is really going to fuck up your world. :)

Fredrow

Can someone tell me what this youtube video proves??

Because in this video the rapid fire isn't fast at all....... By the looks of it, it is as fast as the Viking rapid fire.

So once again can someone explain what the big deal is??? Why are these kids hyping this thing up???

chaosd

Fredrow, to Answer your Question.

This Device is not a Competitor to "Turbo Controllers" No, far from it actually.

What the XIM360 Allows is for you to control the Game with full Full Keyboard & Mouse Support, with a 99% PC Accuracy Experience. And use custom key and mouse Bindings.

So in Short, This Device makes Aiming Very Easy.

NB: The Turbo is a Semi-Fast Mouse Macro and the speed was deliberate.