Confusion

Xx Binno xX

Little confusion on the ragnarok controller and the odins ravin. I think the ragnarok is like the odins ravin but with one tact switch. I would like someone to please explain to me what is better about the ragnarok because a odins ravin and macro.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Capability wise the macro is still the "top dog" however the ragnarok just lets you have the mods that are needed for basic FPS play preinstalled so its like an upgrade from the odins raven controller. It just does a little more plus you can customize it on the website to your liking. Personally I feel if you have a macro and know how to use it then there isnt a point to buying a ragnarok. Some people may disagree though.

odingalt

Staff member
Internally the Ragnarok is connected to: X, Y, B, A, d-pad up, d-pad down, d-pad left, d-pad right, left bumper, right bumper, sync button, back button, right-stick press, left-stick press, left trigger, and right trigger. The Ragnarok has a digital-to-analog converter connected to each trigger, so we would be able to roll out humanized aim rapidfire in the future if the game makers get fancy with their anti-rapidfire detection software. With all the extra buttons, we were able to do a "one touch" on/off toggle for all the features (mod switch + tap some button to toggle a mode on or off). You can have multiple features toggled on at the same time.

The Odin's Raven connects to: X, Y, B, A, left bumper, right bumper, sync button, right-stick press, left-stick press, left trigger, and right trigger. It has quick on/off for each slot, but you can only have up to two slots or two features running at any time. However some people do prefer two tac switches because they are both used as on/off toggles.

I guess they are similar but different lol. The Odin's Raven is over 2 years old, it was released around June/July of 2009. But still competing with the other mods out there! Ragnarok is basically the replacement for the macro when we retire the macro controller. Expect to see more mods added to the Ragnarok in a driver update this year.

Xx Binno xX

Internally the Ragnarok is connected to: X, Y, B, A, d-pad up, d-pad down, d-pad left, d-pad right, left bumper, right bumper, sync button, back button, right-stick press, left-stick press, left trigger, and right trigger. The Ragnarok has a digital-to-analog converter connected to each trigger, so we would be able to roll out humanized aim rapidfire in the future if the game makers get fancy with their anti-rapidfire detection software. With all the extra buttons, we were able to do a "one touch" on/off toggle for all the features (mod switch + tap some button to toggle a mode on or off). You can have multiple features toggled on at the same time.

The Odin's Raven connects to: X, Y, B, A, left bumper, right bumper, sync button, right-stick press, left-stick press, left trigger, and right trigger. It has quick on/off for each slot, but you can only have up to two slots or two features running at any time. However some people do prefer two tac switches because they are both used as on/off toggles.

I guess they are similar but different lol. The Odin's Raven is over 2 years old, it was released around June/July of 2009. But still competing with the other mods out there! Ragnarok is basically the replacement for the macro when we retire the macro controller. Expect to see more mods added to the Ragnarok in a driver update this year.
I was thinking that the ragnarok and the odins ravin were similar but had some differences. I love my macro dont get me wrong but i think i would like the ragnarok a little better because the games i usually play are FPS. But over all Both my macro and odins ravin are amazings pieces of hardware. I do like the multiple features at once, but i am used to the 2 tac switches on the back so it would get kind confusing to me some times.

odingalt

Staff member
Understood, some people's brains just work differently. It took me awhile to figure this out. What I think works well, just doesn't work for some people, and vice-versa.