Controller boards?

itztroll

Could someone explain to me the difference between the controller boards? I was reading on another thread about cg and cg2 boards, whats the difference?

modded matt

I'm not going to get real technical here as I would probably just loose you anyway so:

not alot of difference in cg and cg2 they moved a few components, test points, and did away witht he switched power source, but as far as manipulating the controller, there is no real difference between the two.

Paul

40_ounce said:
And as far as the viking360 chip goes you want a cg for more options.

They both have the same amount of options, you just implement the chip differently...

Krier023

Useful Poster
Paul said:
They both have the same amount of options, you just implement the chip differently...

This is wrong. the chip is designed for the cg and all the features will work on a cg. the basic rapidfire will be on the matrix, but there will not be anything with the buttons because they work differently

odingalt

Staff member
Right. You got

Wireless:
'matrix', 'cg1' and 'cg2'. CG1 is sometimes just called CG, but the CG2 is always called CG2.

Then there are a couple varieties of the wired controllers but I could care less about the wired ones.

Matrix will only be able to play the 'all in one' driver after you install the viking chip, cuz you can only install it as a Tyr's Hand.
CG1 and CG2 have all the features and can be installed as thor's hammer or odin's raven

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I don't know if you even realise this, but some people have gotten rapidfire only thors hammer drivers from the editor going on their tyr's hand...

odingalt

Staff member
Yes that will work it just depends on whether the tyr's hand they bought is a cg1 or cg2. The wiring is similar enough that the all-in-one driver for the thor's hammer will work on some tyr's hands.

odingalt

Staff member
Correct. Originally we started seling the Tyr's Hand as a way to sell those controllers we got from our distributor that had Matrix circuit boards within them. Well we stopped getting Matrix circuit boards, but customers were still asking for Tyr's Hands. So we came up with a new wiring scheme so we could install CG1 and CG2's as Tyr's Hands. Yeah so they are essentially a Thor's Hammer with less wires installed. If you have got mad skills you could open your Tyr's Hand and convert it to a Thor's Hammer. (No, I will not help you do this, and yes, you will void your warranty doing so) :)