Controller disconnects from xbox all the time

futureproof101

Hey i have a Ragnarok that purchased like 3 months ago and everytime i try to use the controller it disconects. any help would be appreciated

odingalt

Staff member
Hi futureproof101, hmmm if you were using a Thor's Hammer I'd tell you to try to lay off hitting the SYNC button so much, but the Ragnarok is activated through the mod switch. The usual suggestions to try are to try using batteries that don't say "original equipment accessory" on them. Unlike the legacy controllers (where we usually suggest trying AA alkalines), the Ragnarok works great with every kind of battery except the ones that say "original equipment accessory".

Does the controller still connect to your PC? You could try taking a firmware update.

If all else fails, the staff could look your controller over at the shop and look for hardware problems. If you bought 3 months ago I think you bought after we up'ed our warranty to six months so there shouldn't be any cost to you other than the cost to ship the controller to our shop.

(To get set up for a warranty repair, open up a new ticket at the website and explain your issue and/or post a link to this thread)

futureproof101

Hi futureproof101, hmmm if you were using a Thor's Hammer I'd tell you to try to lay off hitting the SYNC button so much, but the Ragnarok is activated through the mod switch. The usual suggestions to try are to try using batteries that don't say "original equipment accessory" on them. Unlike the legacy controllers (where we usually suggest trying AA alkalines), the Ragnarok works great with every kind of battery except the ones that say "original equipment accessory".

Does the controller still connect to your PC? You could try taking a firmware update.

If all else fails, the staff could look your controller over at the shop and look for hardware problems. If you bought 3 months ago I think you bought after we up'ed our warranty to six months so there shouldn't be any cost to you other than the cost to ship the controller to our shop.

(To get set up for a warranty repair, open up a new ticket at the website and explain your issue and/or post a link to this thread)

hey i have been using the recharable battery packs with the controller and it seems that hte controller now disconnects from the xbox and now also seems to drop the mic connection and then goes thoough some clicking noises before comes back on. I constantly swap the battery as it gets low. This is a ragnarack and it is updated to the newest firmware. Could you tell me if im still under warrantee, also my paint around the seems of the controller is chiping so it doesnt look as cool any more =/

40_ounce

Don't use the rechargeable battery pack. Those are the "original equipment accessory" that odin was referring to in his post. Try regular batteries then report back.

40_ounce

Have you tried just regular AA batteries and not a rechargeable battery pack? Also you can open a support ticket.