Controller Not Communicating with PC?

Lou

It seems as though my controller has stopped being able to connect with my PC. I was in the middle of testing a rune, but after a couple try and test trials, the controller just stopped being able to connect. Only one light is lit up, the top left one, but when I try plugging the cable in only the top right is lit up if that matters. I'm sure it isn't the USB cable as the other USB port on the controller works just fine for turning the controller on.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Lou

The XBOX One controller has a power saving feature built in by Microsoft. If the controller doesn't connect to an XBOX One console, and it doesn't connect to a Windows PC by USB cable (I'm talking about the stock Microsoft port on the top), then the controller will put itself to sleep after about 1 minute. If the controller goes to sleep, the modchip goes to sleep too (the modchip just steals power from the Microsoft controller, so if the controller goes to sleep so does the modchip).

When you are programming the Berserker with your PC, can you have the XBOX One console near by - OR - can you use a second USB cable to plug the controller into the computer using the stock USB port on the controller, to keep it "Awake" so to speak?

(Or maybe this has nothing to do with your problem, but this is the most common thing that happens)

Lou

Nope, that has nothing to do with my problem. The controller works just fine, but I can't seem to get it to connect to the PC when in the progammable mode. Like all 4 lights will be lit, but when I plug in the micro usb to connect to forge, it just has one light lit on the top right, and shows it is not connected. Tried 3 different USB cables, nothing changes, I think something is wrong with the programmable port.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Lou. We are all out of troubleshooting ideas. Especially if it was working for you before and you are following the same steps you followed from before. You've already tried different USB cables and ports. We can diagnose it back at the shop, go to the website and click on the contact us link and point them to this thread (doing this will start a ticket in our system that the technician can use to track your controller when it's returned).

odingalt

Staff member
Lou I went into the ticket system and put in your e-mail and opened ticket #RAX-68545. Did you get an e-mail with the ticket info? (I've never opened a ticket like this, usually the customer contacts us through the main website, and then it shows up in the system as a ticket).

Lou

Yes I got the email with the ticket info, thanks. Would it be possible to fix a stick drift as well? Or just the programmable port?

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Lou, stick drift isn't fixable without replacing the whole thumbstick mechanism. The labor to do so is to time consuming that it's cheaper for us to replace the whole circuit board. Doing either of these things requires uninstalling the Berserker mod to fix the stick. In other words it's more work to fix a stick drift than it is to build a whole new controller from scratch. If you ask about stick drift I've told the techs to quote a whole new controller at a discount.

We were pretty sad when Microsoft didn't improve the quality of their thumbsticks on XBOX One. It basically means the controller could last for years - except for the damn Microsoft sticks.

Lou

I see, definitely can't afford another controller right now. Well I'll be sending the controller off soon, just have to relearn how to ship things lol.