Controller wont turn on

thejld

Hey uall i had one problem, i installed the v 360 chip into my controller, and then went to turn it on and it isnt, im pressing the rubber button pad hard on it and the batteries seem to be in good, i dk what it is the batteries are good cuz i tested um on another controller.

Fredrow

Do you have any tape covering the bottom of the Viking board?? Because where you put the board is right on top of some ground pins on the controller. And if any of those ground pins make contact with the V+ on the Viking board would make your controller not turn on.....

Itz CHARLEY

Check to make sure there isnt anything obstructing the Xbox guide button. try starting it with the start button.

Fredrow

Itz CHARLEY said:
Check to make sure there isnt anything obstructing the Xbox guide button. try starting it with the start button.

Sounds like he has the TOP shell off and is just doing some testing to make sure that the controller works before he puts it back together......

Well that's what I go from his question!!!!

thejld

Ya fredrow, im doing some testing on it to see if it will turn on or not, its weird cuz it will turn on if i pluga play and chargeinto it. so i dont think i am touching the ground points, because i also puta lot of tape on it.

modded matt

put the battery pack in the controller and test the battery contact points (on top of the mobo) with a multi meter. post findings.

Fredrow

MODz said:
put it together THEN try to turn it on

Bad advise..... If you do that then you will just be mad at yourself because you will be unscrewing it again to open it back up.....

Always makes sure it works before putting it back together.....

I have found the most discouraging thing in electronics is having to re-open something to fix it again........

modded matt

it always sucks to have to reopen something. I agree always test before you colse it up.

In this case though. do what I told you, put battery pack into controlelr and test with multimeter. post findings. there is no need for further discussion until we tell if the controller is getting power. if the controller has power, next test the viking chip's power points. post findings and we will go from there.

I dont see any reason for anymore replies here until the origional poster posts his findings. lets not dilute this topic any further

modded matt

black is grnd, test the two red points post findings.

tiny45-1.jpg

thejld

Ok matt, should i test the red and black, and should i test the voltage or what should i check with them? and how do u remove burs from the metal thing when doing the x clamp fix