controllers sold

odingalt

Staff member
When we ship say, 10 macro controllers to the UK, we still pay a heft shipping fee and the import duties. Plus, we have to pay an employee to re-ship the items and provide warranty services. So when we turn around and ship to you, we don't just charge you the actual Royal Post fees. We charge Royal Post fees, PLUS, we are going to charge you an adder for the import duties and UPS fees we paid when we shipped those 10 macro controllers, plus an adder for having a contractor in the UK handle reshipments.

Since we are only shipping maybe 10 internationals each month, it doesn't pencil out unfortunately. Rather than having the headache of another employee, we're better off just shipping direct out of the states.

It's unfortunate that we had so many international scammer customers. We used to ship USPS international express, but packages would go "missing"... we lost several thousands of dollars in "lost" parcels. Since we now only ship UPS's international priority or international economy type services, we've had zero fraud - er uh hem I mean, zero "lost packages"... The fact of the matter is that it's expensive to put a parcel on an airplane in such low volumes.

1,350 is NOT a lot of controllers in the eyes of the shipping companies, and figure less than 10% of those actually went overseas.

camper

I think I'm going to go for it Quality comes at a price, IT'S just that the import duty if they pulled your parcel, I've been told by Parcelforce that customs "normally pull one in ten" from the USA, going by past orders that means I WILL HAVE TO PAY lol.

odingalt

Staff member
The import duties can be stiff we're talking 20-30 GBP I think? Is there anybody from UK that can attest to heft import duties when they bought their macro controller?

JIM WALKER

yes...I mentioned on another thread,I recieved my $199 halo reach macro controller in June,customs charged me £48 ($78.54) in tax and duty + parcel force (who take over delivery) charged me an extra £8 for the U.K. end of the postal fees.U.K. goverment rip off !!! But as camper says...quality comes at a price,so I still think its worth it for a product thats as good as this one! No regrets..I an lovin it.Btw,camper,customs pull everything electronic that comes into the U.K. for security reasons,so sadly it will not slip through !!!!!!