custom charges into uk?

i have finally decided to go for the bezerkerker over the ragnarok as there will not be a usb version, now i have to work out my budget, i wondered if any one knew what the import custom duty might cost me even a ballpark figure, my brother lives in florida so i could send him the money to buy it and send it to me but dont know if that would affect my warranty or even help with duty charges, any help appreciated.

JIM WALKER

i have finally decided to go for the bezerkerker over the ragnarok as there will not be a usb version, now i have to work out my budget, i wondered if any one knew what the import custom duty might cost me even a ballpark figure, my brother lives in florida so i could send him the money to buy it and send it to me but dont know if that would affect my warranty or even help with duty charges, any help appreciated.

I did exactly that, my brother in law lives in Florida, so I asked Viking if they would dispatch to a different address and they agreed. what your brother then needs to do when he sends it is to totally rewrap it and label the package as a gift, this means it bypasses customs and there is no duty to pay. My macro controller in 2012 cost me £68 duty, that is now going to be approx. £75/£80 now. The warranty will not be affected providing you ask Viking first and explain why. Hope this helps ....

thomwithah

I'm not in the UK. I'm in Switzerland. I had mine shipped direct from Viking to me. I selected the most epensive/fastest (international priority), which was a little more than 50 British Pounds Sterling. They shipped it VIA FedEx without insurance. It arrived very quickly and in good condition. Description was "Xbox One Rapid Fire
Controller" with a declared Value of $60.00 USD. I didn't see/understand if it was marked as gift, goods, or something else. I DIDN"T PAY ANY FEES!! Normaly I always have to pay something, so perhaps a bill has yet to arrive. That said, usually I have to pay at delivery and a heafty sum. Perhaps this infomation helps you make a more informed choice. In any case I'd bet you be happy with the Berserker!!

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Yes customs can be bad if shipped direct from us. Also we recently discovered we were accidentally paying some duties, so we fixed that (customer will be stuck with the duties now). Shipping itself is expensive.

The good news is there is a gentlemen in the UK that is going to work with us, similar to Ben Clarke and rapidcontrollers.co.uk from a few years ago. He will be an authorized Viking shop in the UK and will be selling Berserkers amongst other things. I can't post the link yet, his website is under construction, but will update everyone as soon as possible when he is up and running. He's also waiting on me to get him some kits in the mail so he can get started on some builds.

JIM WALKER

Yes customs can be bad if shipped direct from us. Also we recently discovered we were accidentally paying some duties, so we fixed that (customer will be stuck with the duties now). Shipping itself is expensive.

The good news is there is a gentlemen in the UK that is going to work with us, similar to Ben Clarke and rapidcontrollers.co.uk from a few years ago. He will be an authorized Viking shop in the UK and will be selling Berserkers amongst other things. I can't post the link yet, his website is under construction, but will update everyone as soon as possible when he is up and running. He's also waiting on me to get him some kits in the mail so he can get started on some builds.

Awesome news !!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
He will be offering his own line-up but yes I imagine customer shells or maybe even other custom work would be in the cards, he may even opt to do customizations that we don't offer at the USA website.

JIM WALKER

He will be offering his own line-up but yes I imagine customer shells or maybe even other custom work would be in the cards, he may even opt to do customizations that we don't offer at the USA website.

I would love to have one done with my own custom shell, hope he can/will do that for me and convert it to a berserker .....