Customizing Hex

thatoneguy

When you create your own hex thing, Does it have to be like the preset hex. Like if i was to program "the works" to my controller, when i create my own hex to put on controller does it have to be like "the work" hex file. Like how when i program the all in one 8 mode for thorrs hammer controller, then i program my hex to it, it makes it like nothing was even changed. I guess what i am trying to ask is when you create your own hex does it have to look like the original? If you know what i mean

apcoop7

I think I know what you mean. The purpose of the preset editor is so you can make your own custom hex files. To answer your question, no, it does not have to be the same as the works. With the editor you can customize whatever you want basically. It's there to fit your wants/needs. For example, The Works driver consists of 8 different rapid fire modes for MW2. My hex file that I made only has custom rapid fire, and jitter modes. Depending upon how you set it up, everything should work fine. Make sure the button combinations you use to turn off modes, or change modes, are different.

thatoneguy

Yeah i know what you mean but what about the glitch side (slot two)when i edited those. They are never there its always those 3 presets, 3 round burst firing, 5 round burst firing and akimbo. Where would i have to go to create one with 8 rapidfire settings and 8 fast reload and other stuff

apcoop7

thatoneguy said:
Yeah i know what you mean but what about the glitch side (slot two)when i edited those. They are never there its always those 3 presets, 3 round burst firing, 5 round burst firing and akimbo. Where would i have to go to create one with 8 rapidfire settings and 8 fast reload and other stuff

This is one down side with the editor. The works driver will let you have akimbo rapid fire, or sniper mode, with fast reload. With the preset, if you wanted to have akimbo mode in slot 1, slot 2 would have to be rapid fire in order for it to work, therefore taking up both slots. When you make a custom hex, do not check the link both slots box. If you wanted 1 rapid fire setting, along with a fast reload, set it up like this.

2a8nhc7.jpg