Datel releases new programmable 360 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

modded matt

it does look very cheap. and it violates the wireless conectivity coding that microsoft requiers on all unofficial products. I doubt this willl make it to market. certinly not in the us. after reading the artical, microsoft has already filed suit against them.

obo

modded matt said:
it does look very cheap. and it violates the wireless conectivity coding that microsoft requiers on all unofficial products. I doubt this willl make it to market. certinly not in the us. after reading the artical, microsoft has already filed suit against them.
Its times like these that i lovethe fact that the viking360 controllers are still official xbox controllers. So they will always work with the console.

odingalt

Staff member
This would put all the mod shops out of business. (myself included). I agree with all of the above statements. I would be surprised if this makes it through legal challenges as well as any of Microsoft's electronic countermeasures. (ECMs)

It's a little difficult to tell from the advertising what it's actually capable of doing, and how the online update feature works. I'm not sure that they aren't looking to release the product with limited functionality at first... to keep Microsoft at bay... then hoping to release more features at a later date once enough people have purchased. "The devil is in the details" as to whether or not they'll have any problems with Microsoft with this peripheral.

It seems that they would have to clone the wireless ID of other Microsoft licensed devices which would call for a lawsuit... if it uses a unique wireless ID, then that is a target for Microsoft to send an ECM through XBOX Live.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
odingalt said:
This would put all the mod shops out of business. (myself included).quote]

That's assuming it's any good physical quality wise... If it falls apart all the time it wouldn't be as good as a premium mod like the viking.

NYjetsNY1

been out for a while... the controller looks awesome lol
"In the latest version of the app which is available to download now, you can tailor your WildFire 2 button functions in even more detail using the button configuration tool..
Adjust anything from sensitivity on the analog sticks and trigger buttons, to swapping around to your preferred button map, giving you greater control of the game Choose to aim and shoot from the same button giving you a more rapid response. Adjust sensitivity on an analog stick to slow down or speed up the camera pan. If you’ve spent hours playing Halo Reach and are used to the button configuration for that game, then you can set up Halo mapping for COD. You can even programme the D-pad if you like - one of our tech guys likes to use the D-Pad for setting bombs!
Get your hands on a Wildfire 2 controller today – download the Free Customizer app and get ready for Call of Duty Black Ops release."

odingalt

Staff member
I downloaded the software tool again to try it and still don't see any of these features they are talking about...

LoveKillzSlowly

Re: Code Junkies New Macro Controller only $44.99

Already posted learn how to search.. and honestly you can't compare the two. The viking sh-ts over it IMHO, it claims to have features that were seen on the video that isn't even on the software.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1893

yesterday

I have both the Datel and the Viking and IMO the Viking is the best controller available now.

The one thing that's good about the Datel is that when I have people over that are MW2 crazy and we play Halo: Reach, they can use that controller and there's no learning curve. That is the only advantage of the controller. Not worth $45 in my opinion....Joysticks feel too light and the buttons have a "plastic-y" feeling about them that make the whole thing feel cheap.

In short, it has sat in a drawer since I bought it.

Viking FTW

superjo972

Hi Guys, (I'm from france so I apologize for my "written english", it isn't at the top level :) )

I'm a wildfire 2 gamepad owner and I must declare that i'm very very very disapointed by this product.

I bought it especially for the macro feature so as to design my combos, as it is described within the advertising, but I don't found any options in the soft downloadable.

So I sent an email to the support team (code junkies) to help me use the macro feature, they answered me back that this feature isn't available yet but soon.

They are selling someting which doesn't match with what they say. I'm very disapointed.

bridgemux

I picked one up because Bestbuy had them on for $37.99. All I can say is don't waste your money. First off for some reason the controller disliked my usb ports on my gaming machine. No matter what I tried the software refused to see the thing. Yet my work laptop which is a Dell had no problem seeing the thing. I wonder how many people returned these things because they could get the thing to connect. My gaming machine is the same thing I use to program my viking.

I don't mind the feel of the controller in my hand, it's a little bigger so small hands watch out. The sticks don't feel smooth at all. I don't know if it's the tension of the spring or something else but moving the sticks around just didn't feel right.

By far the biggest problem is the supplied software. As others have stated, the software doesn't live up to the advertising. Forget creating a custom macro. Forget about easily adjusting modes or speeds on the fly. All you get is a list of pre-canned choices and that's it. You can adjust the speed put it's done on the stick by moving it up a down. I found it difficult to dial in a good speed.

What really shocks me is how far more advanced a viking controller is. You would think Datel could put together that would be comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.