Downloads on main page

odingalt

Staff member
Please bookmark the www.viking360.com website, and check the "Downloads->The Viking Software" page throughout the day. We will post the software link there as soon as it is ready.

When it's ready, you will need to:

-Download and install the Viking Macro editor software. Install this first. Then,
-Download our a special firmware upgrade utility.
-Download the latest .BIN file. This file will be used by the firmware upgrade utility.

The downloads page will have these downloads posted along with instructions on upgrading your firmware. Be sure to contact us via the support ticket system or the forums if you encounter any problems during the upgrade process.

After you've installed the macro software and upgraded your firmware, you'll be able to download a few example macro sets that we will upload to the macro library at the same time we post the software update. Apologies for the delay, we know customers are starting to receive their controllers today. We thank you for your patience. There are some important last minute bug fixes we are applying to the software. "Please stay tuned!"

CertifiedGoon

Read This!!!!!!!

Idk If Any Body Else Got There Controller Yet But If Any Body Knows How To Program The Controller Let Me Know...

Ben

Re: Read This!!!!!!!

did it not come with instructions?

The software isn't completely ready as of yet.. should definitely be within the next 48 hours tops.

odingalt

Staff member
No instructions - since there is no CD-ROM - which means their is no CD Wallet with instructions. Instructions for the modded controller will be posted on the downloads page on the viking360.com website along with the software. We're working we're working...

fathersin

I have recieved my controller its beautiful. Now I'm just waiting on the viking 360 team to get started. Currently the test download that I got last night does not recognize my controller "status reads disconnected". I'm not going on any instructions other then I have downloaded the software installed it to
Code:
C:\Program Files\Viking360\The Viking
under settings I have checked for updates and updated.

odingalt

Staff member
fathersin said:
I have recieved my controller its beautiful. Now I'm just waiting on the viking 360 team to get started. Currently the test download that I got last night does not recognize my controller "status reads disconnected". I'm not going on any instructions other then I have downloaded the software installed it to
Code:
C:\Program Files\Viking360\The Viking
under settings I have checked for updates and updated.

We have a new version out tonight, but the much better/stable version will be released tomorrow night. By this weekend we should be rock solid with the software and all updates will come via autoupdate from the 'settings' tab in the software.

Ok, so as far as getting this bad boy to sync up to your PC, start with the controller powered off, then power it up by hitting the START button (not the guide button). This will power it up in programming mode. Then plug in the play-and-charge cable from the controller to the PC. Be sure to hit up the downloads page on the website, there's a firmware update already that you'll want to grab.

Even if all you do is load the firmware update to the controller, you'll be set up with dual trigger rapidfire with the #2 tac switches toggling the rapidfire on/off and the #3 and #4 LED's as the indicators.

fathersin

Got mine up and working for me led 1 and led 4 were lit red. I found that in order for me to get my pc to recognize my controller I had to unplug battery pack.

Plug battery pack back in.

(this was important for me)
Plug play and charge kit to controller 1st!

Turn on controller with start button.

Finally plug the play and charge kit to computer.

Bam I am connected updated firmware and messed around with settings for halo.

I know I can't currently save those settings but I have the settup saved to desktop for when I can save to controller.