EVIL VS. VIKING360

odingalt

Staff member
I am making the assumption that Evil has a decent programming team, I would say if you got all of the major modshops and bought a controller (evil, gamingmodz, gamermodz, Viking) and played with them all, they *should* all be just as fastest. *should*. The problem comes if their computer programmer has not taken any tender-loving-care in tuning in the speeds. Also like I always say, you may have to tune your speed that extra bit for your setup. Not all consoles are created equal. I still think I get faster speeds on COD:WAW now with my new thin black console vs. my old old original console with the hitachi drive.

Or heck, maybe some of the shops don't spend that much time trying to tune in the mod. I just assume with as much volume and traffic that they have, that they've at least got the speeds and timing (i.e. for fast reload) tuned in correctly. But anyway I wouldn't argue Viking is faster, but I would still argue we are better :).

Well except with Turbo Knife - we ARE faster! Lol Maybe there are a few examples like this. And for the few Viking customers that are actually playing something other than Call of Duty well, there's nothing like a Viking.

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
I am making the assumption that Evil has a decent programming team, I would say if you got all of the major modshops and bought a controller (evil, gamingmodz, gamermodz, Viking) and played with them all, they *should* all be just as fastest. *should*. The problem comes if their computer programmer has not taken any tender-loving-care in tuning in the speeds. Also like I always say, you may have to tune your speed that extra bit for your setup. Not all consoles are created equal. I still think I get faster speeds on COD:WAW now with my new thin black console vs. my old old original console with the hitachi drive.

Or heck, maybe some of the shops don't spend that much time trying to tune in the mod. I just assume with as much volume and traffic that they have, that they've at least got the speeds and timing (i.e. for fast reload) tuned in correctly. But anyway I wouldn't argue Viking is faster, but I would still argue we are better :).

Well except with Turbo Knife - we ARE faster! Lol Maybe there are a few examples like this. And for the few Viking customers that are actually playing something other than Call of Duty well, there's nothing like a Viking.

Nearly every game, with the exception of kinect games, can be modded with the Viking to improve gameplay. I honestly love my controller in every game. Oblivion, I constantly reassign buttons and make macros to make the game easier to use. Madden, perfect field goals so I have confidence that if I can get to the 50 yard line, I can boot a 67 yarder to win the game 100% of the time (kicker must have 99 power plus no wind against you).

Personally, I think viking360 is the only company that takes the tender-loving-care when tuning speeds to get the fastest ones. We also use user input as well, unlike all other companies which are 100% censored - no person can argue that evil is slow on their website.

Fredrow

Another thing you have to count into the factor is connection speeds.(if someone already said this, then my bad for missing it)
Wireless controller connection, Wireless Xbox360 adapter (or a modem flashed with DD-WRT software and configured with bridge-port setup), your own connection to the Internet.... All of that is going into play when you are playing any multi-player game.

Another thing to point out, which E' touched on for a sec, the only true FAIR and non-bias way to compare the two controller's would be to buy a controller from Evil......
Then you have to think about how to make the video. You are going to have to visualize that you have already made the video and posted it, then try and guess what people would say to try and knock the video. Once you figure that out then your ready to shoot the video for real. For example, let's say you made the video comparing the two controllers. Well someone could say that "It's not a real Evil controller." So when you are ready to shoot the video just remember to record opening the box.

Hell I would throw down $10 towards buying a controller.....

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
Another thing you have to count into the factor is connection speeds.(if someone already said this, then my bad for missing it)
Wireless controller connection, Wireless Xbox360 adapter (or a modem flashed with DD-WRT software and configured with bridge-port setup), your own connection to the Internet.... All of that is going into play when you are playing any multi-player game.

Another thing to point out, which E' touched on for a sec, the only true FAIR and non-bias way to compare the two controller's would be to buy a controller from Evil......
Then you have to think about how to make the video. You are going to have to visualize that you have already made the video and posted it, then try and guess what people would say to try and knock the video. Once you figure that out then your ready to shoot the video for real. For example, let's say you made the video comparing the two controllers. Well someone could say that "It's not a real Evil controller." So when you are ready to shoot the video just remember to record opening the box.

Hell I would throw down $10 towards buying a controller.....

Great point Fredrow. Connection speed and console determine a lot of things. In WAW, I need a faster speed than most people. The problem is a mod company will give you their best speed, and that may not work perfect for you. So with viking360, I can get my best speed, and in all cases anything else would be slower. Evil cannot match something you create yourself to suit your own needs. Some people slow down the 8.9 because they may skip. What can you do about Evil? Whenever I had a modded controller before I bought a viking, I was always upset my mod looked slow, or skipped. Once I got a viking, I customized my speed to fit me for WAW. In black ops, I do use the 8.9 but sometimes even 8.7. In MW2, I use 22 SPS. I guess you are right though, I would have to buy an Evil for comparison.

NYjetsNY1

Read above, but something I found hilarious was they had this

"Patent Pending Technology"

LMAO, their Patent will never be approved....

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:

Yeah we wont get into that again....... Back when Viking just started out there was a huge convo over "Patent" rights. It was hella funny, because E' just went to town on it. It boils down to 'Rapid Fire Controllers" is not a one of a kind idea. The basics are your sending a pulse wave signal into another device. Well there are so many things that do this....

That "Patent Pending Technology" is going to be Pending even after those people pass away!!
:lol:

odingalt

Staff member
Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

Yeah we wont get into that again....... Back when Viking just started out there was a huge convo over "Patent" rights. It was hella funny, because E' just went to town on it. It boils down to 'Rapid Fire Controllers" is not a one of a kind idea. The basics are your sending a pulse wave signal into another device. Well there are so many things that do this....

That "Patent Pending Technology" is going to be Pending even after those people pass away!!
:lol:

lol I'm so glad that Viking customers are too smart to fall for this kind of marketing. "100% undetectable autobursting patent pending"

"Ding! Get Magic Jack at Walgreens. Ding!"