Faster, custom speed?

t4ius

u cant shoot that fast anyway, so why does it matter, i doubt that any programmer would think u can shoot that fast realistically

noyoulookout

well we arent dealing with reality when we are talking about a video game. Thats the beauty of it is its virtual, so you can do almost anyhting you want. And there is a gun that will shoot faster. There are a few actually.

zackwg23

You cant do anything you want because your limited by the limits the code sets in the game....

Shooting at that speed is worthless anyway because they will stutter terribly and be completely inaccurate....

noyoulookout

just a thought about the rapid rapid fire. Slow down everyone, just wondering because the m4 shoots great just thought it could get greater

zackwg23

Rapidfire doesn't affect the m4 anyways because full auto guns don't shoot faster the faster you pull the trigger because they are programmed to shoot at a certain rate,

However, you can use the rapidfire to slow down the speed it shoots creating less recoil which can be nice at times

odingalt

Staff member
Most game software is actually not written to recognize speeds up that high. The highest games to-date have been GTA IV (assuming you are in a dark alley by yourself - as soon as enemies get close the lag is so bad rapidfire barely works) and COD4 (but only BEFORE the September patch that lowered the maximum limit). If there's ever a game that can even come close to 50 (I think COD4 was actually around 20 even though some dipshit mod shops claimed 34SPS it was never verified with an Oscilloscope as far as I know) I'm bump up the speed, but for now anything above say 30 is really just a marketing gimmick.

odingalt

Staff member
Yes lol. Plus the 666 I don't know if that's the actual shots-per-second, or if that's nust the numeric value in their look-up table. You don't actually enter the speed, you enter a number and then you have to use a lookup table to see what speed that number corresponds with.

G

if anything did shot 666 shot per second it would just be completly useless because u would blink and hav no ammo left

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Not if you have unlimited ammo! Might as well have unlimited ammo to go with your shot-rifle. Imagine just instantly blasting your entire clip from the FAL? It would be like a extremely powerful long range shotgun!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Most definatly. Is it even possible to shoot more than once per frame? In that case the absolute max would be around 20-25 sps...

420 Sailor

PS3andCOD said:
Most definatly. Is it even possible to shoot more than once per frame? In that case the absolute max would be around 20-25 sps...
i think the regular framerate for most regular motion picture film is 12 frames /second that would explain why the max sps is around 12.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

420 Sailor said:
PS3andCOD said:
i think the regular framerate for most regular motion picture film is 12 frames /second that would explain why the max sps is around 12.
WRONG the frame rate for modern warfare 2 is a constant 60 frames per second(stated by infinity ward to give a crisper cleaner game play footage) the sps has nothing to do with the frame rate the maximum ROF for mw2 is 13.80 sps....but it is true that you can not shoot faster than the frame rate(borderlands gives you an idea of what happens when you do)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
A film is at least 24. Is 60 on MW2 for consoles or PC? Can a standard TV even display 60 fps?
i dont know but infinity ward said so...all that frame rate is is how fast the tv refreshes what your looking at(frames)its like a slide show at sixty slides per second. ;)