For those who don't plan on buying a macro controller....

apcoop7

All I've been seeing recently is negative thoughts. Don't give your hopes up, there are many reasons why your controller will still be better.

We can always customize our rapid fire speed. Through numerous tests and experiments we will always be able to find great modes for future games. Our legacy controllers will be able to perform the most basic functions for future games. I can only hope though that Viking will help support us with new drivers in the future if (and most likely it will be) possible.

odingalt

Staff member
Definitely! We're not going to take a poop on Legacy hardware owners. Just don't get mad if all the glitches for Black Ops require use of the d-pad or something :lol: that the Legacy controllers aren't wired to.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Definitely! We're not going to take a poop on Legacy hardware owners. Just don't get mad if all the glitches for Black Ops require use of the d-pad or something :lol: that the Legacy controllers aren't wired to.
Wow od that's hurtful......

odingalt

Staff member
I just don't want to get anybody's hopes up, we just have to wait and see. Of course there are already 10 mod shops who 'guarantee 100% compatbility with Black Ops' and already have a 'Black Ops' mode on their 10,000 mode controllers... utter nonsense. There is no way to make that guarantee. (Unless you own a Viking macro controller lol)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
I just don't want to get anybody's hopes up, we just have to wait and see. Of course there are already 10 mod shops who 'guarantee 100% compatbility with Black Ops' and already have a 'Black Ops' mode on their 10,000 mode controllers... utter nonsense. There is no way to make that guarantee. (Unless you own a Viking macro controller lol)
well at this moment in time that makes you the only person in the world that has a black ops compatible controller. ;)

v360Reflex

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
odingalt said:
well at this moment in time that makes you the only person in the world that has a black ops compatible controller. ;)
True That does make him the only one :) ;)

By The Way.. OD just wondering.. i mean I'm pretty sure it'll come with instructions on how it all works and the New Macro Editor thing.. works but anyways is it easy to learn? User-Friendly? and detailed enough so anyone can figure out how to use it to make your own Macros and such?

Thanks!
CAN'T WAIT! TO GET IT! :D

V 360 Drastic

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

v360Reflex said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
odingalt said:
True That does make him the only one :) ;)

By The Way.. OD just wondering.. i mean I'm pretty sure it'll come with instructions on how it all works and the New Macro Editor thing.. works but anyways is it easy to learn? User-Friendly? and detailed enough so anyone can figure out how to use it to make your own Macros and such?

Thanks!
CAN'T WAIT! TO GET IT! :D

V 360 Drastic
i was wondering the same thing.... also is the new software dl or does it come on a disc?

odingalt

Staff member
Yes we will have an official hard-pressed CD-ROM! Unfortunately the CD-ROMs may not ship with the first orders. We will however include a coupon voucher with your order (if you don't get the CD-ROM right away), so that you can receive a free CD-ROM by mail when they are ready. We're pretty sure we're going to be working out bugs in the software up until the final hour, which means we won't be able to get those CD's pressed until about two weeks after launch date.

As far as the software? There is still going to be a learning curve - but way less steep of a learning curve than our existing hardware! People should spend WAY LESS time in the forums digging for answers this time around. This new software is much more intuitive and much more graphical than the legacy custom driver editor.

I think people will spend the same amount of time in the forums once they start using the timeline editor to create macros, depending how complex they want to get with that part of the software. We're basically thinking that the on-line macro library = for the casual user, the timeline macro editor = for the hardcore user.

obo

odingalt said:
Yes we will have an official hard-pressed CD-ROM! Unfortunately the CD-ROMs may not ship with the first orders. We will however include a coupon voucher with your order (if you don't get the CD-ROM right away), so that you can receive a free CD-ROM by mail when they are ready. We're pretty sure we're going to be working out bugs in the software up until the final hour, which means we won't be able to get those CD's pressed until about two weeks after launch date.

As far as the software? There is still going to be a learning curve - but way less steep of a learning curve than our existing hardware! People should spend WAY LESS time in the forums digging for answers this time around. This new software is much more intuitive and much more graphical than the legacy custom driver editor.

I think people will spend the same amount of time in the forums once they start using the timeline editor to create macros, depending how complex they want to get with that part of the software. We're basically thinking that the on-line macro library = for the casual user, the timeline macro editor = for the hardcore user.
ok, sorry, im a little confused here. So the software will not be available for download on your website?
the only way to get "The Viking" software will be a cd that you send out with each controller.

However users can still upload macros that they create using the software?

Sorry, im a little confused on this one

apcoop7

I just now started to think how many people are going to have trouble learning how to use this controller. Look at how many people had trouble using their legacy software and controller. If the old controllers weren't complicated enough, I can't even begin to imagine the pain for some future buyers lol.

By the looks of it, the software looks similar to video/audio editing software??? I would love to play around with it; I think I could come up with some great ideas :D. It sucks I have to wait to buy one of these, probably another year with school and my new job starting.

Odin did you say the macro software is available only by hard copy or is that something special Viking will include? Also, would there be some way for somebody without a new viking controller (like me) to help beta test the software? I'm totally up for it :mrgreen:

odingalt

Staff member
The latest software will always be posted on the main website for download. The CD-ROM is just an extra goody but contains the same exact software to be posted online.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
The latest software will always be posted on the main website for download. The CD-ROM is just an extra goody but contains the same exact software to be posted online.
basicly for any n00bs they can just install off the CD-ROM.