Forge home page search box added

odingalt

Staff member
The home page now has a search box.

upload_2015-9-24_2-35-42.png

When you start typing, it automatically starts searching and filtering the list of runes or runepacks.

The "clear search" button turns red to let you know that you're viewing a filtered list of results. To view everything again, just click on the Clear Search button.

Open to suggestions on the label. I could make it set "Reset search" again if that would make more sense?

odingalt

Staff member
Also the search is pretty comprehensive and you can enter multiple terms, partial terms, and even in the wrong order and you will still get results:

upload_2015-9-24_2-39-9.png

odingalt

Staff member
Have more feature requests in the queue. The good news here is that I did those improvements all by myself. I'm officially working on the project. Updates will be slow and minor, but I will be working behind the scenes on little tweaks like this in the coming months. Hopefully little tweaks can add up to make a more pleasurable experience.

In any case let me know if you run into any bugs or problems with this new search bar.

bonefisher

Have more feature requests in the queue. The good news here is that I did those improvements all by myself. I'm officially working on the project. Updates will be slow and minor, but I will be working behind the scenes on little tweaks like this in the coming months. Hopefully little tweaks can add up to make a more pleasurable experience.

In any case let me know if you run into any bugs or problems with this new search bar.
The Windows App is still on old URL...needing switched over.

bonefisher

Also need to watch out for update firmware in app if you have the blade version. Which I updated and the paddles didn't work so had to go back to old version. I think the update is for the older controllers.

bonefisher

Also when clicking on app pinned to task bar it throws a extra Viking icon out which the old one didn't.

odingalt

Staff member
A couple o' questions

1.) Arranging a drop-down in alphabetical order. I think you mean the rune dropdown from within the runepack editor? I will look into this next. (In the long term a better picker altogether would be nice)

2.) Update firmware. We sent out a recall message related to this issue I believe. When you plug in your controller, does it say it's HW:1 or HW:2?

3.) Can you post a screenshot of this I'm not sure what you mean?

bonefisher

1) Yes in the runepack editor.

2) The old controller without blade is the HW;1 and the new blade system is the HW;2 which the app said update to version 3 when I plugged in my blade system controller so I tried it. Didn't work for it......

3) The first screenshot is before I click on icon Viking and second screenshot is after clicking on it. Now don't know if this is because of Windows 10 but before I used to click on it and it would just bring up app without the extra Viking icon. Still works though for using app. picky me....lol!

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    183.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    184.1 KB · Views: 4