FORGE QUESTIONS

i am just about to order my berserker from the uk agent for my birthday on the 19th aug but there are some things dont understand, on my macro i put software on my laptop download macros to my laptop and from there onto the controller, but with the forge is every thing on the net? i dont understand, do i have my own forge on my laptop or only access it online? can i get some runes or only make my own? i know not all the features for the berserker are up and running yet and i dont mind waiting for them but would like to use my berserker to its full potential at the beginning, as you can tell i"m not too savvy about computers, but i know how helpful this community is.

Regency, The forge will in fact be accessed online. I myself am not very computer savy, but I will say the forge is very user friendly. After using it for around an hour I was able to figure out the rune making process and how to navigate through it without help.

bonefisher

On the Berserker........you download a utility that uploads rune packs to your controller....Now the Forge is accessed online (like AMP said) and from there you build and save your runes and rune packs to download to your computer to put on your controller plus once everything gets up and running there will be a place you'll see everyone elses rune packs that they share for you to download to use.....plus once everything is up and running you access through your tablet which I do know to change things around when your building the packs but should be able to upload from tablet once finished....so you don't have to get up from the couch...lol! For the time being the community can help you out get up and running full potential to your liking....

JIM WALKER

I have realised that there is a very crazy method to share our runes, very limited though for members who 1000% have trust with each other ..... solution .... give each other our log in details on the forge .... just have to agree to using it right is all, seriously considering this, would solve many issue's until the library is available ....

Would love to hear other member's views on this ......

Genius idea ? .... or .... Stupid idea Jim, get back in your cage, lol ................

bonefisher

I have realised that there is a very crazy method to share our runes, very limited though for members who 1000% have trust with each other ..... solution .... give each other our log in details on the forge .... just have to agree to using it right is all, seriously considering this, would solve many issue's until the library is available ....

Would love to hear other member's views on this ......

Genius idea ? .... or .... Stupid idea Jim, get back in your cage, lol ................
That would be fine until someone got mad and change your password then you couldn't get on it at all....LOL

JIM WALKER

Imagine though, someone who cannot make their own at all, go into their forge and make one for them, they then can use them or even tweak them. They can then change their password for their own peace of mind .....

bonefisher

Imagine though, someone who cannot make their own at all, go into their forge and make one for them, they then can use them or even tweak them. They can then change their password for their own peace of mind .....
yeah I could build a whole bunch pretty quick.......

modded matt

Ok, so my Berserker is delivered for me to pick up today, but what about the forge credentials? do those come in email form or included with the controller?

odingalt

Staff member
After we get the recording feature done, runepack sharing is very high on the list. Expect both of these to be done in time for x-mas (and hopefully sooner). We will be resuming active work on the Berserker/Viking Forge software after a recent 5 month hiatus.

modded matt

I personally believe sharing should be the top priority. I believe a lot of people dont buy the controller because they are afraid of the software and/or are lazy so they depend on everyone else to build runes and distribute them.

When i bought my macro i would say that the ability to be able to go to the library and download numerous mods was a huge selling point that really convinced me to spend that little bit more to buy the macro, and am sure potential buyers for the berserker would feel the same.

JIM WALKER

I also second that what Matt says!

I third that motion from matt, never did use the record feature on the macro, but using the library was admittedly the major incentive for buying the macro, until I learnt the macro making skills, perhaps if we all donate a kidney it can all be done at once .....