FPS FREEKS

odingalt

Staff member
I keep meaning to order them because I keep thinking 'geez these thumbsticks would be better if I could get more leverage with my thumbs' lol. FPS freak, baby!

Remmnever

I just play on default sensitivity so I don't know how much these would help me. My k/d ratio is already around 1.76 with a standard controller so I don't even really I would need these.

odingalt

Staff member
All depends on how your hands are made. I feel like the thumbsticks are designed terribly... you have to move the stick a certain distance before the game even picks up your movement and then BAM! your guy practically spins 360 (oversensitive). I'm wondering if a longer stick (for the build of my thumbs anyway) will help me find the sweet spot. I have good days and bad days with trying to find the exact breakover where the stick picks up as you barely move it off center.

NYjetsNY1

I feel like the thumbsticks are designed terribly... you have to move the stick a certain distance before the game even picks up your movement and then BAM! your guy practically spins 360 (oversensitive). I'm wondering if a longer stick (for the build of my thumbs anyway) will help me find the sweet spot.

that is exactly what they do... i give them 10/10

LoveKillzSlowly

Weren't you the one that said a while back that FPS FREEKS were garbage? Yet you decided to buy them now? Judging a book by its cover?

but anyways, I don't think you are going to see them anytime soon, definitely not 2 days after Christmas. I remember last year when people ordered during December and a lot of people didn't get theirs for a while. http://www.kontrolfreek.com/forum/topic ... on-gb.aspx

I've had FPS FREEKS since they first came out and I love them. I really wouldn't say they make you play better even though my k/d ratio overall is over 2.55(over 3.00 k/d ratio in FFA) but they do feel more comfortable to use and it feels good playing with them on. Without them the right thumbstick feels way too short for me. It does help you with a more of a precised aiming, but if you weren't able to aim for shxt before that I don't know if it's going to help you that much more. Once you get use to them, it's really hard to go back. Last time I checked I was top 10 all-time Hardcore Free For All player and I honestly don't think any mods can make you play better, like I say all the time I will beat anyone with a mod. I personally don't even use my macro controller at all. A nice tv, some good gaming headphones and comfort will make you a better gamer, IMHO. I'm only on my 2nd prestige getting ready to prestige again with less than 2 days played so I am definitely not a fiend, I am just good at what I do.

FPS FREEKS are a must!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Weren't you the one that said a while back that FPS FREEKS were garbage? Yet you decided to buy them now? Judging a book by its cover?

but anyways, I don't think you are going to see them anytime soon, definitely not 2 days after Christmas. I remember last year when people ordered during December and a lot of people didn't get theirs for a while. http://www.kontrolfreek.com/forum/topic ... on-gb.aspx

I've had FPS FREEKS since they first came out and I love them. I really wouldn't say they make you play better even though my k/d ratio overall is over 2.55(over 3.00 k/d ratio in FFA) but they do feel more comfortable to use and it feels good playing with them on. Without them the right thumbstick feels way too short for me. It does help you with a more of a precised aiming, but if you weren't able to aim for shxt before that I don't know if it's going to help you that much more. Once you get use to them, it's really hard to go back. Last time I checked I was top 10 all-time Hardcore Free For All player and I honestly don't think any mods can make you play better, like I say all the time I will beat anyone with a mod. I personally don't even use my macro controller at all. A nice tv, some good gaming headphones and comfort will make you a better gamer, IMHO. I'm only on my 2nd prestige getting ready to prestige again with less than 2 days played so I am definitely not a fiend, I am just good at what I do.

FPS FREEKS are a must!
lol.....yes.....however i used them at a friends house and now i LOVE them.....yea setup is key( viking macro controller, 26" samsung LED tv, tritton AX pros, and a HD PVR from hauppauge.).....now all i need is these and the PVR to get here!!!!!!!!

LoveKillzSlowly

The HD PVR was nice when I had it but I could not stand using component cables on my plasma, it just did not look as nice as using HDMI so I returned it and got myself the black magic intensity so that I could play in HDMI, very nice once you get it working right.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LoveKillzSlowly said:
The HD PVR was nice when I had it but I could not stand using component cables on my plasma, it just did not look as nice as using HDMI so I returned it and got myself the black magic intensity so that I could play in HDMI, very nice once you get it working right.
the problem is is i dont have a bedroom(parents are renevating my house) so i cant get a desktop so thats out of the equation....but i agree the HDMI looks SOOOO much better than component....but ill get used to it.....it is better than the old 480i i was playing on!

Remmnever

Well I don't think the component/hdmi is the only issue. You also have to play in 1080i instead of 1080p so you will lose quality with that also.

I just finished getting all my software set up for my hdpv. So now I have been saving my good games in my file share. I just need to go through them and record the good parts. I recorded 5 min of gameplay at max setting a few days ago and it was like 300mb. So even though I have like 3tb of storage space I don't want to keep the hd pvr recording all the time while I'm playing.

Anyway maybe ill try these fps freeks, they are pretty cheap.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Remmnever said:
Well I don't think the component/hdmi is the only issue. You also have to play in 1080i instead of 1080p so you will lose quality with that also.

I just finished getting all my software set up for my hdpv. So now I have been saving my good games in my file share. I just need to go through them and record the good parts. I recorded 5 min of gameplay at max setting a few days ago and it was like 300mb. So even though I have like 3tb of storage space I don't want to keep the hd pvr recording all the time while I'm playing.

Actually I'm playing in 720p instaid of the auto resolution of the HDMI cable(which was 1920x1368)

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:

theyre amazing

NYjetsNY1

Alright I just ordered the prestige edition of the FPS freeks, I heard the grip from the logo was more comfortable, "grippier", and a huge A+. I hope they are better than the Vipr Black that I currently have! I am excited lol, anyone have the prestige ones and think they are better?