Go Mad with the MLG Mad Catz Controller

Tx1000

Looks pretty tight!

[video=youtube;joIsd5XFZd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joIsd5XFZd8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It's interesting that you can switch the sticks... I migh pick one of these up if they have any interesting add ons.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Ill definitely pick one of those up. That controller with the new trittons. I think I may start repping madcatz too much

obo

if you can swap the analog sticks on this controller then I highly doubt you would be able to put a macro chip in one of them. There's an extremely high chance that because this controller was made by a third party company, that the circuit board on the inside isn't a cg2, aka, what the macro controller chip needs. So sadly it wouldn't work to put a macro chip in these controllers :(

PS3andCOD

Contributor
if you can swap the analog sticks on this controller then I highly doubt you would be able to put a macro chip in one of them. There's an extremely high chance that because this controller was made by a third party company, that the circuit board on the inside isn't a cg2, aka, what the macro controller chip needs. So sadly it wouldn't work to put a macro chip in these controllers :(

There is 0 chance it'd be a CG2, that's specific to microsoft. It might be possible to make a macro chip work with it though, if it's some sort of common ground configureation you could solder on every point on the clip-on part... A lot of work lol.

obo

There is 0 chance it'd be a CG2, that's specific to microsoft. It might be possible to make a macro chip work with it though, if it's some sort of common ground configureation you could solder on every point on the clip-on part... A lot of work lol.
Yeah, I just never like to say zero percent chance because who knows, there's that .00001% chance that Madcatz makes some sort of deal with microsoft for their circuit board, and then I get proven wrong lol.

NYjetsNY1

Yeah, I just never like to say zero percent chance because who knows, there's that .00001% chance that Madcatz makes some sort of deal with microsoft for their circuit board, and then I get proven wrong lol.

Obo has it all figured out lol

Krier023

Useful Poster
yeah obo is right. If anyone would get microsofts pcb it would be madcatz. Somehow they partnered with Microsoft and are using their propriety wireless headset technology. I imagine the controller is pretty different though because of the changing of analog stick and buttons. I will be very disappointed if this controllerhas cheap quality like every other third party controller. If they actually have Microsoft quality, it will be a superb controller. Just imagine it with a macro chip. It would be unbelievable.

Last edited: