Good Gaming Laptop

NiP God

Whats your guys thoughts about Alienware(http://www.alienware.com/Landings/laptops.aspx) I was thinking of ordering the m18x. I do not have room for a desktop so im looking for a good laptop. Im looking for any information on a great laptop. I need it for Photoshop,Song Vegas, Multiple Video editing software, and Runescape (Botting 20+ Accounts at once) Prince Range- $0-2000

obo

take a look at this lenovo laptop. They're great laptops and I happen to own this exact model, that I bought from this exact seller. It's fast as hell, has a great screen, is super quiet, and has many other great specs, plus it comes with a three year warranty.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LENOVO-THINKPAD-W520-i7-2720QM-1920-x-1080-FHD-16GB-RAM-/150681044570?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item23154a465a#ht_5477wt_901

O
h, and on since you mentioned botting on Runescape, just for your information, I would check out jagex's latest posting. If you run any sort of injection bot/reflection bot, it's looking like it's game over for a little while at least. (this is probably you, as those two types of bots make up about 98% of bots in that game) I used to do the same thing you did before my bot script messed up and all my accounts got banned, so that's the only reason I know any of this stuff. I was kind of ****ed too because I was averaging about $100 a week from letting programs play a game for me lol. Not too bad in my opinion.

Hi Everyone,
Last week, Daniel Clough shared more news with the community about our ongoing war to eliminate botting and gold farming from the game. Today, I am really happy to say we are in the long-awaited position of being able to announce that we’ll be launching our most formidable bot-busting weapon in our history, targeting what we believe to be 98% of the bots seen in game.
I anti****te that this update will be a defining triumph in our battle against the bots which you’ve clearly told us have been harming your game. However, we are not resting on our laurels and will be continuing to develop numerous systems as well as still making a number of improvements over the coming months in an attempt to remain a few steps ahead of both the bot makers and gold farmers alike.
As Daniel made clear last week, we are dedicated to battling bots and gold farming on every front. We have also recently detected and banned over 1.5 million botting and gold farming accounts. While we work behind the scenes on certain projects, we know that sometimes the necessary secrecy can be rather frustrating for players and, as a team, we’ve all desperately wanted to share details about this upcoming project with the community since the very beginning of the year when we had first believed it was going to be imminently ready. However, sadly sometimes when innovating in multiple uncharted areas it takes a lot longer than expected and we were therefore at necessary pains to keep this project tightly under wraps while completing it and, crucially, not giving bot makers any information or warning that could assist them in working around it or preparing for it.
The project, code-named the ‘ClusterFlutterer’, will be launched as part of the RuneScape game update on Tuesday the 25th October permanently preventing “reflection” bots from working again.
We anti****te that next Tuesday will go down in RuneScape history as 'bot-nuking day'. To celebrate this landmark event, we’ll be running a series of one-off bonus days from Tuesday’s system update through to Friday. Over the course of these events, members will have the chance to gain triple XP in Slayer and additional points and rewards in some of our most popular D&Ds and minigames in a bot-free RuneScape:
Tuesday:
Slayer skill day: All Slayer XP earned from killing assigned targets will be tripled. Some monsters will have a faster respawn time.
Wednesday:
Castle Wars day: Tickets earned from winning a game will be triple the usual amount.
Thursday:
Distraction and Diversion day: Bonus rewards will be given for the following distractions:
  • Penguin Hide & Seek: Double points.
  • Evil Tree: Triple XP.
  • Shooting Star: Triple XP while mining it and increased final rewards.
  • Familiarization: Players will receive the lucky charm AND ingredient box instead of having to choose.
Penguin Hide & Seek and Familiarization will be reset on the day, so you can do them again if you have already done them that week. All other D&D limitations remain the same (e.g. only two Evil Trees a day).
Friday:
Soul Wars day: Players will receive triple the usual amount of zeal points.
These days will run from midnight to midnight (BST), with the exception of Tuesday which will run from game update time until midnight (BST). Unlike previous Bonus XP events, these modifiers will not deteriorate and will remain constant for the durations stated above.
As promised we’ll be as transparent as possible in keeping everyone updated on the status of our fight against bots and gold farmers and, equally, as before we also ask of you to continue to do your part in helping and supporting too.
I look forward to seeing you in-game soon.
Have fun!
Cheers,

Mark Gerhard
Chief Executive Officer & Chief Technology Officer

source-http://services.runescape.com/m=news/bot-busting-and-bonuses-for-all

NiP God

I use rsbots.net,i dont think they can catch meh,i got 6 level 130s
and im looking into these comps,keep ideas coming!

obo

Exactly what I used. Your bots use a programming method called reflection. Tomorrow your bots are very likely not going to work. I thought I was uncatchable too. I used the best scripts the site had to offer and still got caught. Just be careful with it. No matter what you do, wait for information from the rsbots homepage before even attempting to bot after the update tomorrow.

obo

GET THE ASUS! They are betteer than alienware and cheaper.
Did you check the Lenovo I posted? It may be a business computer, but it's a hell of a lot faster and better than both of those computers for only $60 more. Plus, there's an included 3 year warranty, which I HIGHLY doubt the other computers will have. Oh, and you'll get like $40 back in eBay bucks, so you can spend that on other stuff you may want to buy in the future as well :)

Remmnever

I would be careful getting a gaming laptop. I bought an Asus G50VT-x5 brand spanking new for like $1300 in 2009. 8 months later it was only worth $700 and had trouble playing new games. After I managed to get rid of the laptop I vowed I would never EVER buy a "gaming laptop" again. I've since purchased a Macbook Pro that I use for daily needs (Movies, Web Browsing, Light Gaming, etc) and I have a built PC for extreme gaming.

Laptop technology is still progressing so fast even if a system is less than a year old it is already out dated. You are way better off building a custom PC for half the cost and then you can upgrade individual pieces over time. Hopefully you take my advise but good luck either way.

NYjetsNY1

Sorry but this isn't what obo mean't! It isn't that they will catch you - you physically CANNOT bot after tuesday. The bots use reflection - and they will not be able to do this anymore after the update.

"
[h=2]Jagex's Latest Anti-Botting Efforts[/h]
Today Jagex announced their latest plans in their attempt to combat botting in RuneScape. I know plenty of people are concerned so I thought I'd clarify what they've said as it pertains to RSBuddy and particularly ShadowScripts. A quick qualification that the views here are my own interpretations of what's been said; I don't have any information beyond anyone else just yet.

• Mass Banning?
    Jagex claims to have "recently detected and banned over 1.5 million botting and gold farming accounts." Verb tense people - as in that already happened. Dungeoneering is, in general one of the least risky types of botting. Also, this and all their recent statements have put a clear emphasis on gold farming - botting activities that directly gain the player wealth.
    They provide no indication that they are actually banning bots at a greater rate than they were before, and least of all Dungeoneering.
  • No more Reflection?
    According to Jagex, 98% of bots will be broken by this Tuesday's update. Officially, they have only specified "reflection" bots (such as Nexus). RSBuddy is based primarily on ASM/Injection, and the reflection parts of the bot can be replaced quickly. Wisely so, Jacmob created this hybrid approach in part to protect RSBuddy from just such changes by Jagex.
  • What About Buddy?
    There have been some claims that these changes will also affect other methods such as the ones used by RSBuddy. The fact is that we won't know until Tuesday. What we do know is that RSBuddy has some of the most talented developers in the RS botting community and so even if this worst-case scenario were to play out, in all likelihood it'll be back up before we know it.
    At the bare minimum, entirely reflection-based bots such as Nexus are going to have to completely redesign how they hook the entire client.
So what does this mean for dedicated iDungeon Pro users like yourself? At this stage, not very much. It may take a bit longer than the typical update for RSBuddy to be running again, but right now there is no reason to think that this update will prevent it from working, and certainly not in the long term. We'll see how things go on Tuesday and take it from there - in the mean time, enjoy the script, and pura vida, hakhuna matata, whatever. Jagex makes their next move on Tuesday, but we Buddies don't go down so easily, and not without a fight!

I'll be making it a top priority as well to have ShadowZeal updated and ready in time for Friday if at all possible
biggrin.png

P.S. Please refrain from spamming this section with off-topic threads about the changes, thanks. If you have any further questions or concerns related to iDungeon specifically, I'll do my best to keep up in this thread."

That is what Kiko said about RSbuddy - a great bot for runescape!

NiP God

Oooh **** looks like bottings done for meh :( Anyways, i always thought of a PC as well but im not to familiar with them. As for my needs I kind of explained it before(minus the botting) like Xbox Flashing, Video Editing,and Photoshop,and for Call of Duty,what would be a good pc then if i went with it

EDIT- Thoughts about this for a starter/upgrades from this,im new to building a PC -http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/gaming-desktop-computer.html

T
houghts about this one-http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=417548&Sku=T71-13106

Last edited: