Halo 3 RF

mstaple

I'm trying to make a good RF that works with automatic weapons in Halo 3 but I keep hitting the cap. I have another rapid fire controller here, it's an Hori Ex2 Turbo or something like that and it has a 20 sps speed that works great for automatic weapons in Halo 3. The problem with that controller though, is that the analog sticks are way too loose for shooters on that pad. It's not really a rapid fire but a burst fire. It makes the automatic weapons much more accurate and saves you from early-onset arthiritis.

I want to emulate that speed on my Viking but so far I just keep hitting the cap and I'm getting a less than idea solution. Can someone help me out? I'd like to get the rapid fire that is on the Viking legacy controllers on this new Viking Macro Controller. I can do that right? I'd like it mapped to RT and LT and use two tac switches to toggle them both on/off.

NYjetsNY1

mstaple said:
I'm trying to make a good RF that works with automatic weapons in Halo 3 but I keep hitting the cap. I have another rapid fire controller here, it's an Hori Ex2 Turbo or something like that and it has a 20 sps speed that works great for automatic weapons in Halo 3. The problem with that controller though, is that the analog sticks are way too loose for shooters on that pad. It's not really a rapid fire but a burst fire. It makes the automatic weapons much more accurate and saves you from early-onset arthiritis.

I want to emulate that speed on my Viking but so far I just keep hitting the cap and I'm getting a less than idea solution. Can someone help me out? I'd like to get the rapid fire that is on the Viking legacy controllers on this new Viking Macro Controller. I can do that right? I'd like it mapped to RT and LT and use two tac switches to toggle them both on/off.

I can't put rapid-fire from the viking legacy onto the macro, but I can make you a 20-sps rapid-fire for LT and for RT and use 2 tacs to toggle them. Is that what you want?

mstaple

Do you know what settings the legacy controller used? I think they were perfectly tuned for Halo 3. I don't know if 20 sps is the best for H3 because my Hori pad only has 3 settings: 5sps, 12sps and 20sps. It's not really optimized for anything.

You don't happen to have the game do you?

I've been trying for a couple days on and off to find the perfect speed. But I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. :)

If it's not right, can you tell me how to tweak it up or down? Like more shots, less shots, etc.

Does anyone know how many sps. the legacy controllers were tuned for?

NYjetsNY1

mstaple said:
Do you know what settings the legacy controller used? I think they were perfectly tuned for Halo 3. I don't know if 20 sps is the best for H3 because my Hori pad only has 3 settings: 5sps, 12sps and 20sps. It's not really optimized for anything.

You don't happen to have the game do you?

I've been trying for a couple days on and off to find the perfect speed. But I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. :)

If it's not right, can you tell me how to tweak it up or down? Like more shots, less shots, etc.

I'm not too familiar with the legacy, nor do I have Halo 3.

I have no idea lol.

To tweak rapid-fire speed, simply take a default rapid-fire, like the one in black ops.
http://viking360.com/download-software- ... y?macro=83

Edit the top right gear when you are editing the macro. Change .89 to 2.00 for a 20 SPS rapid-fire.

mstaple

Thanks!

I should be able to figure this out.

PS. why does the macro start at 0.05 in the timeline? I don't understand that.

NYjetsNY1

mstaple said:
Thanks!

I should be able to figure this out.

PS. why does the macro start at 0.05 in the timeline? I don't understand that.

That is the area, that when you multiply it by the multiplier in the gear settings, it equals exactly 10 x it.

So 1.00 x 10 = 10 SPS.

mstaple

I did what you said but it doesn't behave like my other controller's rapid fire. On the Viking it caps out but on my other controller 20sps is just fine. Why would that be?

Is it the length of the button press? Does that matter? Like why is the trigger being pressed for 0.05 seconds? Why that number is that specific to COD?

NYjetsNY1

mstaple said:
I did what you said but it doesn't behave like my other controller's rapid fire. On the Viking it caps out but on my other controller 20sps is just fine. Why would that be?

Is it the length of the button press? Does that matter? Like why is the trigger being pressed for 0.05 seconds? Why that number is that specific to COD?

It isn't specific to cod, and on your other controller it is probably lying and isn't actually 20 SPS.

The length of the button press matters, I have no idea any of the reasons / technicalities of it.

odingalt

Staff member
20 SPS on your hori probably isn't really 20. Most companies tend to overstate the speed of their products. Even the legacy Vikings are guilty of this due to inaccuracy in its calculation of the rapidfire speed. MAcro is much more accurate. You can typically take the advertised SPS from another company, cut it in HALF. Then test. Then gently increase the speed by 0.5 - 1.0 shots per second and keep retesting. You'll find the sweet spot. If you increase the speed in too big of jumps, you'll skip the sweet spot and actually cause the mod to slow way down.

Sometimes if you hit exactly double the max speed (for example COD:MW2 is like 11 sps, but if you dial in 22 sps it works also) it will appear like you're UnGodly and have unlocked some super speed, when in reality it's only firing at half the speed you just dialed in.

Hope this makes sense. Most of the time when a customer has issues dialing in the sweet spot, they are under a misassumption that the speed should be up in the 20's or 30's or higher. In reality, the only game that was ever greater than 20 SPS was COD:MW2 pre-patch. Otherwise most games are actually down in the teens. (The upper teens are insanely fast, think about it - 18 shots per SECOND... you can't do anything 18 times in a second)

E

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
20 SPS on your hori probably isn't really 20. Most companies tend to overstate the speed of their products. Even the legacy Vikings are guilty of this due to inaccuracy in its calculation of the rapidfire speed. MAcro is much more accurate. You can typically take the advertised SPS from another company, cut it in HALF. Then test. Then gently increase the speed by 0.5 - 1.0 shots per second and keep retesting. You'll find the sweet spot. If you increase the speed in too big of jumps, you'll skip the sweet spot and actually cause the mod to slow way down.

Sometimes if you hit exactly double the max speed (for example COD:MW2 is like 11 sps, but if you dial in 22 sps it works also) it will appear like you're UnGodly and have unlocked some super speed, when in reality it's only firing at half the speed you just dialed in.

Hope this makes sense. Most of the time when a customer has issues dialing in the sweet spot, they are under a misassumption that the speed should be up in the 20's or 30's or higher. In reality, the only game that was ever greater than 20 SPS was COD:MW2 pre-patch. Otherwise most games are actually down in the teens. (The upper teens are insanely fast, think about it - 18 shots per SECOND... you can't do anything 18 times in a second)

E

Actually MW2 after patch is still like 19.7-21.6 on macro.

odingalt

Staff member
Would be set slower on a macro. Legacy 'overstated' speeds so if it's like 8.9 on a legacy it's usually about 15% lower on macro. (In reality macro is accurate, legacy was inefficient coding of the rapidfire so it overstated speeds)