Hauppauge HD pvr problem PLEASE HELP

xxVIKINGxx

Hey I have a problem with the setup of my HD PVR I got it recording but I can only get my xbox to come up on my Tv on 480p. Even when I put the component plugs on the 1080i/720p on the back of the tv. I know it's not the PVR because I triede it without the pvr and it did the same thing and I tried all the video settings 1 through 7. The 1080p works when I use a HDMI cable but the PVR does'nt have a port for that. So I was hoping someone had any clue on what it could be, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.xxVIKINGxx

I even tried getting geek squad out to my house but they said that is'nt somthing they work on.

NYjetsNY1

xxVIKINGxx said:
Hey I have a problem with the setup of my HD PVR I got it recording but I can only get my xbox to come up on my Tv on 480p. Even when I put the component plugs on the 1080i/720p on the back of the tv. I know it's not the PVR because I triede it without the pvr and it did the same thing and I tried all the video settings 1 through 7. The 1080p works when I use a HDMI cable but the PVR does'nt have a port for that. So I was hoping someone had any clue on what it could be, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.xxVIKINGxx

I even tried getting geek squad out to my house but they said that is'nt somthing they work on.

Did you try component cables, the Blue, Red, Green, White, Red (5) cables?

odingalt

Staff member
Check the switch on that A/V cable that goes from the XBOX console to the TV. I thought there was a switch on it to enable the HDTV?

On top of that, you might check your video settings from within the XBOX 360 dashboard. You might hook up the console directly to your TV using the components, boot up your XBOX 360 console, and then go into the video settings and pick the resolution that you want (if it has any options).

Then power down the console, hook it up to your PVR again and see if the video is coming through. Also I'm not familiar with your recording software but sometimes you have to tell the recording software exactly what resolution it should be trying to pick up the signal at. At least with my recording software, it's too stupid to realize if it's 480/720/1080 and I have to specify.

Stick with it you can do it!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

like i/od said....set your cables to HDTV and make sure your xbox is set to 720p or 1080i because the pvr does not work with anything higher.

xxVIKINGxx

Thanks guy's for all your help Im going to try all that tommorow I really appreciate it thanks again :D I'll let you all know how it goes.

odingalt

Staff member
NEpatsNE1 said:
like i/od said....set your cables to HDTV and make sure your xbox is set to 720p or 1080i because the pvr does not work with anything higher.

Right what you said :) I was just saying it differently in case maybe he was confused, but yes exactly what you were describing.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
NEpatsNE1 said:

Right what you said :) I was just saying it differently in case maybe he was confused, but yes exactly what you were describing.
yeah i wouldnt have known that untill i was watching PVR videos a few days before i got it :)

xxVIKINGxx

Hey guy's I got it working, the a/v didnt have a HD switch on it but I went into the xbox and switched it to 1080i like you guy's said and it worked :D Thank you all again I really appreciated the help and even though it was somthing simple I never would of thought of it because I use a HDMI cable witch automaticlly puts it on 1080i , Im a newbie to all of this. Since Im just starting out in recording I'll probably need some advice like how and what kind of editing software to get or whats good like sony vegas 10. I saw it for sale for like $400 CRAZY :roll: But I also saw some where that you might be able to download it for free? I have no idea but thank you all again I appreciate the support :)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

xxVIKINGxx said:
Hey guy's I got it working, the a/v didnt have a HD switch on it but I went into the xbox and switched it to 1080i like you guy's said and it worked :D Thank you all again I really appreciated the help and even though it was somthing simple I never would of thought of it because I use a HDMI cable witch automaticlly puts it on 1080i , Im a newbie to all of this. Since Im just starting out in recording I'll probably need some advice like how and what kind of editing software to get or whats good like sony vegas 10. I saw it for sale for like $400 CRAZY :roll: But I also saw some where that you might be able to download it for free? I have no idea but thank you all again I appreciate the support :)
just a FYI if your planning on recording/editing you should use 720p because its a nicer file.....also you need the component cables.

xxVIKINGxx

Thanks I didnt know about the 720p being better and I picked up the component cables when I got the pvr. I just need to get a mic now. Thanks again :)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

xxVIKINGxx said:
Thanks I didnt know about the 720p being better and I picked up the component cables when I got the pvr. I just need to get a mic now. Thanks again :)
do you have turtle beaches or anything like that?

GJUnLeAsHeD

NEpatsNE1 said:
xxVIKINGxx said:
do turtles work for voice overs ??

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

GJUnLeAsHeD said:
NEpatsNE1 said:
xxVIKINGxx said:
do turtles work for voice overs ??
its called commentaries and yes. however the quality on turtle beaches for this are bad. there is minimal noise cancellation i personally recommend you get an actual microphone. if you have Trittons or Astros you are fine to use those if you have a 3.5mm microphone cable(usually a pink cable)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

GJUnLeAsHeD said:
o Pro Kills your such a turtle beach hatter lol
im not hating. its just if your doing commentaries you should use a different mic. the mic on the turtle beaches will produce alot of backround noise