Headset Question

Awfulz

A few more questions. Originally, I bought the Tritton AX180. These didn't work with my Viking360 Duo, but they did work with any other controller. So, I sold it on eBay and bought Turtle Beach X11. These worked with my viking360 Duo, but here lies the problem. I was talking to M1A1 on Xbox about his old Turtle Beach X31, and he told me that they didn't work with his Duo. So Walmart has rollback on the Turtle Beach X31, and they are only $75.00 now, and since my X11's were $65.00 I thought I would upgrade. But the thing is, I remembered that his X31's didn't work with his Viking360 Duo, but they did work with his other controllers. So my question is: Does any have a X31 that works with their viking360 duo? Another question: Has anyone tried the viking360 Duo with the X31? And another: It seemed that the Tritton AX180s were compatible with the viking360 Duo, and I just had a weird headset when I asked around. So, does this mean the Viking360 Duo should be compatible with any headset? AKA: Should I buy the headset since the X11 works, and it's virtually the same thing, just wireless? Please answer my question as soon as possible, I don't know how long they will be on rollback. Thanks in advanced!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Awfulz said:
A few more questions. Originally, I bought the Tritton AX180. These didn't work with my Viking360 Duo, but they did work with any other controller. So, I sold it on eBay and bought Turtle Beach X11. These worked with my viking360 Duo, but here lies the problem. I was talking to M1A1 on Xbox about his old Turtle Beach X31, and he told me that they didn't work with his Duo. So Walmart has rollback on the Turtle Beach X31, and they are only $75.00 now, and since my X11's were $65.00 I thought I would upgrade. But the thing is, I remembered that his X31's didn't work with his Viking360 Duo, but they did work with his other controllers. So my question is: Does any have a X31 that works with their viking360 duo? Another question: Has anyone tried the viking360 Duo with the X31? And another: It seemed that the Tritton AX180s were compatible with the viking360 Duo, and I just had a weird headset when I asked around. So, does this mean the Viking360 Duo should be compatible with any headset? AKA: Should I buy the headset since the X11 works, and it's virtually the same thing, just wireless? Please answer my question as soon as possible, I don't know how long they will be on rollback. Thanks in advanced!
not what i said i said the headset worked with all controllers for the first week i had them but a common problem with x31s and x41s(stated buy turtle beach themselves) was that the mic port on the headset itself would break eventually so i shipped it back to them TWICE and i had the same problem with all three headsets(the mic port on the headset itself stops working)......if i were you i would ether keep the x11s or upgrade to tritton ax720s or tritton ax pros...i had no problems with tritton so from now on im only buying trittons....plus turtle beach wireless headsets piss dead batteries like no other....i HATE wireless headsets.

Awfulz

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Awfulz said:
not what i said i said the headset worked with all controllers for the first week i had them but a common problem with x31s and x41s(stated buy turtle beach themselves) was that the mic port on the headset itself would break eventually so i shipped it back to them TWICE and i had the same problem with all three headsets(the mic port on the headset itself stops working)......if i were you i would ether keep the x11s or upgrade to tritton ax720s or tritton ax pros...i had no problems with tritton so from now on im only buying trittons....plus turtle beach wireless headsets piss dead batteries like no other....i HATE wireless headsets.
Thanks for the speedy answer, I still have time to return my headset. I have a set and station of 6 rechargable AAA batteries, Duracell, so I should be fine. And as for the Trittons, I can't stand them because the plug that you plug into your controller is a little to small and it always rattles around and make noise, sometimes it even falls out. So I think I'm getting X31's, since X41's are pointless, the only difference is that they offer 7.1 Dolby Digital (which isn't compatable with almost all games). So, I'm going to order them, and if they don't work, I'll think about getting AXPro's. BTW, thanks for clearing that up.. I thought when you got the controller that your previously owned X31's didn't work with them.

Gezilla

My x31's worked fine with my Raven controller before i sold it the only problem i had was that the receiver is 2.4 ghz and so was my router so i had to move things around to keep my headset from making really loud popping noises and cutting in and out after i did that they worked fine hope this helped :mrgreen:

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Gezilla said:
My x31's worked fine with my Raven controller before i sold it the only problem i had was that the receiver is 2.4 ghz and so was my router so i had to move things around to keep my headset from making really loud popping noises and cutting in and out after i did that they worked fine hope this helped :mrgreen:
oh yea and that interference problem that scared the s h i t out of me the first time it happened(headset was turned up all the way and the pop was so loud i s h i t myself)...lol

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Krier023 said:
ok so ax pro vs astro a40s? which one should i get
ax pros because you get the quality of the astros and the same sound quality and more adjustability with the 8 speakers....plus its cheaper and offers more stuff included

Awfulz

Yeah, I don't use the wireless on my router, so I don't see how it could be a problem. If it gives off a wireless signal even without wireless turned on, I'll just have to go back to direct modem hook-up. Thanks for your help.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Awfulz said:
Yeah, I don't use the wireless on my router, so I don't see how it could be a problem. If it gives off a wireless signal even without wireless turned on, I'll just have to go back to direct modem hook-up. Thanks for your help.
cell phones,house phones,anything that runs at 2.4 ghz will cause interference

Awfulz

Ouch, my neighbors have wireless that reaches to my house and my iPad and iPod touch connect to. Also, I have 3G for my cell phone. This may be a problem :p

Awfulz

Just to resolve the problem: I'm not sure what was causing it.. but in case anyone reads this with the same problem: I just got Turtle Beach X31's, then, when I got some spare cash, I took it back to Best Buy and got all $99.99 back, and spent that towards X41's. The headset is great, many noticeable effect, great quality, wireless! It's not the wimpy wire you get with the original Xbox headset, you can feel the thickness and the mute box on the cord is so light. Also, the connections are so smooth, they barely move (unlike the Trittons). All the rumors about battery life are true, but to an extent.. with all effects and sitting at 10 feet away from my TV, I get about 21 hours of straight game play (on average). This isn't the best, but if you spend the $10 to get a set of 4 rechargeable AAA batteries, you'll never go a moment without a charged battery, or dead headset. That's my opinion anyways..

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

I m a g i n e said:
Lol M1A1 I'ma send you a set of Astro's one day and blow your mind bro. :p
i had a pair of astro a40s and i HATED them they didnt feel right(sold them on Ebay for 210 :)). Also i tried astro a30s at a convention today and they felt really flimsy.... I think i will stick to my Tritton AX pros ;)

Krier023

Useful Poster
I tried the x31s and they worked great. probably the best bang for your buck at 75 dollars. but then i got a pair of x3s off of ebay for a steal. like 30 bucks. they both work great with the viking360, but the x3s are pretty staticy. hoping to get a pair of trittons soon.

but i have a question on the x3s. i have the reciever thats plugged into the tv. at the very lowest setting, and then i adjust with my headset and it is really low also. its just weird because on the x31s i borrowed i had the reciever at the highest setting and then on the headset i had the volume at about the middle. also on the x3s i have to turn them down sometimes because they give out on intervention shots because they are so loud. is this a regular problem on x3s or should i try to pick up a new reciever or something?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Krier023 said:
I tried the x31s and they worked great. probably the best bang for your buck at 75 dollars. but then i got a pair of x3s off of ebay for a steal. like 30 bucks. they both work great with the viking360, but the x3s are pretty staticy. hoping to get a pair of trittons soon.

but i have a question on the x3s. i have the reciever thats plugged into the tv. at the very lowest setting, and then i adjust with my headset and it is really low also. its just weird because on the x31s i borrowed i had the reciever at the highest setting and then on the headset i had the volume at about the middle. also on the x3s i have to turn them down sometimes because they give out on intervention shots because they are so loud. is this a regular problem on x3s or should i try to pick up a new reciever or something?
x3s use infared for transmition and the x31s use radio waves

Krier023

Useful Poster
yeah i know that. x3=infared x31=digital. but is it regular for them to be really loud even when at a low setting. because if i turn them about anywhere higher than a 1/4 of the way then they stop working because its too loud. while on my x31s at any volume, they still didnt give out with loud sounds

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Krier023 said:
yeah i know that. x3=infared x31=digital. but is it regular for them to be really loud even when at a low setting. because if i turn them about anywhere higher than a 1/4 of the way then they stop working because its too loud. while on my x31s at any volume, they still didnt give out with loud sounds
i honestly have no idea i got rid of my TBs after i got my tritton ax pros

40_ounce

Awfulz said:
Just to resolve the problem: I'm not sure what was causing it.. but in case anyone reads this with the same problem: I just got Turtle Beach X31's, then, when I got some spare cash, I took it back to Best Buy and got all $99.99 back, and spent that towards X41's. The headset is great, many noticeable effect, great quality, wireless! It's not the wimpy wire you get with the original Xbox headset, you can feel the thickness and the mute box on the cord is so light. Also, the connections are so smooth, they barely move (unlike the Trittons). All the rumors about battery life are true, but to an extent.. with all effects and sitting at 10 feet away from my TV, I get about 21 hours of straight game play (on average). This isn't the best, but if you spend the $10 to get a set of 4 rechargeable AAA batteries, you'll never go a moment without a charged battery, or dead headset. That's my opinion anyways..
Good to hear you got it all sorted out. I have the TB x41 and love 'em. I just hated all the wires with other headsets.