Help! Received controller today / not working

frankie79

I just received my controller today and I have not been able to successfully connect my controller to the bootloader/windows app. I have tried multiple times doing it the
regular way and also the went through the process if my controller had the bug issue. I received my controller today so I doubt the controller has the bug but something appears to
be faulty. Each time I tried to connect it to the bootloader to update the firmware, it would just say "Device not detected. Verify device is attached and in firmware update mode."
I have synced the controller with my Xbox One and followed the instructions with no success. The led's lit up when I synced the controller but when I tried to connect to the pc the
leds might have blinked once and then the top left led would just stay purple. Any thoughts? I'm out of ideas. Maybe a faulty mini usb but I dunno. Either way it sucks cuz it looks
like I'm going to have to send it back. I sent a support ticket in and am still waiting for a response so I figured I'd throw it out there and see if you guys could help me. Thanks

Last edited:

bonefisher

when you got a purple light was it plugged in the front of the controller or underneath the controller?

odingalt

Staff member
Replacement being built and sent ASAP before we even try to figure out what happened to this one.

frankie79

Despite having the issues with the initial controller, I am extremely happy with the way Odin/Viking team responded to my issue. I was supposed to receive my controller tomorrow but I was pleasantly surprised to hear a knock at the door from the Fedex delivery guy at 9:30 this morning with my new controller. Everything is working great and now I just gotta figure out how to use the Viking Forge. Thank you again for the great customer service and speedy replacement.I attached a couple pics to check out. This controller looks freakin awesome! :cool:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 14