Help with 1.3 instructions.

BradT25

Been away with work, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on how to use the "on the fly rapid fire customization" that was added in 1.3 pl0x.

cheers
Brad

odingalt

Staff member
"On the fly" User Programming Instructions for XBOX 360 Ragnarok

YOUR CONTROLLER MUST HAVE UNIVERSAL DRIVER V1.3 OR NEWER. Rapid fire (10 modes available), perfect active reloads (10 modes available), fast reloads (10 modes available), and quick scope (5 modes available) are all programmable by the customer without having to connect to a Windows PC. Below are the instructions for programming the various speeds or delay.

Enter programming mode and select feature you want to program

To enter programming mode, hold the mod switch + tap the sync button. Player 3 and Player 4 LED's will blink rapidly. The mod is now in programming mode, and is awaiting user input. The user must now press one of these buttons to initiate programming of that feature:

Fire Weapon (right trigger in default button layout) - Rapidfire speed
Melee (right thumbstick in default button layout) - Quick scope speed
Reload (button X in default button layout) - Fast Reload delay
Throw lethal (right bumper in default button layout) - Perfact Active Reloads delay

For example, if the user is in RapidFire Mode #3, and they press the right trigger, the mod will start programming RapidFire Mode #3. Or for example, if the user is in Fast Reload mode #8, and they press Button X, the mod will start programming Fast Reload mode #8. Therefore, the user must first scroll to the mode they want to program, before initiating the programming sequence.

Rapidfire speed programming

User can program speeds from 1.0-99.0 shots per second. First the "tens" digit is programmed, then "ones" digit, then "decimal" digit.

Once the user has entered rapidfire speed programming, the mod will flash the "tens" digit on Player3 LED. Hold right trigger to increase tens digit, hold left trigger to decrease tens digit. A quick LED flash means digit is "0". Press mod switch to move to next digit.

Mod will flash "ones" digit on Player 4 LED. Hold right trigger to increase ones digit, hold left trigger to decrease ones digit. A quick LED flash means digit is "0". Press mod switch to move to next digit.

Mod will flash "decimal" digit on Player 3/4 LED. Hold right trigger to increase decimal, hold left trigger to decrease decimal. A quick LED flash means decimal is set to 0. Press mod switch to save new speed. Player3/Player4 led flash to confirm saving of new speed.

QuickScope delay programming

User can program "delay units" from 1-255. First "hundreds" digit is programmed, then "tens" digit, then "ones" digit. A good delay for Modern Warfare 3 is somewhere around 140 delay units.

Once the user has entered quickscope delay programming, the mod will flash the "hundreds" digit on Player3/4 LED. Hold right trigger to increase hundreds digit, hold left trigger to decrease hundreds digit. A quick LED flash means digit is "0". Press mod switch to move to next digit.

Mod will flash "tens" digit on Player 3 LED. Hold right trigger to increase tens digit, hold left trigger to decrease tens digit. A quick LED flash means digit is "0". Press mod switch to move to next digit.

Mod will flash "ones" digit on Player 4 LED. Hold right trigger to increase ones digit, hold left trigger to decrease ones digit. A quick LED flash means decimal is set to 0. Press mod switch to save new speed. Player3/Player4 led flash to confirm saving of new speed.

Fast Reload delay programming:

User can program "delay units" from 1-255. First "hundreds" digit is programmed, then "tens" digit, then "ones" digit. Delay unit is different for each gun, I have attached a spreadsheet that a customer gave to me. Each COD game and each gun can be different, and it can be affected by the perks and secondary that the combatant is holding. This is why customization is so important, because there are hundreds of different values depending on the customer's soldier configuration.

Once the user has entered fast reload delay programming, the mod will flash the "hundreds" digit on Player3/4 LED. Hold right trigger to increase hundreds digit, hold left trigger to decrease hundreds digit. A quick LED flash means digit is "0". Press mod switch to move to next digit.

Mod will flash "tens" digit on Player 3 LED. Hold right trigger to increase tens digit, hold left trigger to decrease tens digit. A quick LED flash means digit is "0". Press mod switch to move to next digit.

Mod will flash "ones" digit on Player 4 LED. Hold right trigger to increase ones digit, hold left trigger to decrease ones digit. A quick LED flash means decimal is set to 0. Press mod switch to save new speed. Player3/Player4 led flash to confirm saving of new speed.

Perfect Active reloads delay programming

User can program "delay units" from 1-255. First "hundreds" digit is programmed, then "tens" digit, then "ones" digit.

Once the user has entered perfect active reloads programming, the mod will flash the "hundreds" digit on Player3/4 LED. Hold right trigger to increase hundreds digit, hold left trigger to decrease hundreds digit. A quick LED flash means digit is "0". Press mod switch to move to next digit.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah, you can see why I try to tell customers that they will much prefer programming their mod using the computer! Because frankly, we have so many programmable mods, that this stuff gets complicated real quick. I feel like the USB software on the PC helps simplify things. Even though in general a Viking is just going to be more complicated than other controllers out there, cuz it does more :)

BradT25

Agreed,
Have toyed with the idea of perhaps adding a feature where we can be in mode two and cycle back to mode 1 without going through all 10 modes to do so?

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah, you can see why I try to tell customers that they will much prefer programming their mod using the computer! Because frankly, we have so many programmable mods, that this stuff gets complicated real quick. I feel like the USB software on the PC helps simplify things. Even though in general a Viking is just going to be more complicated than other controllers out there, cuz it does more

I personally love the USB customization software. So easy to use, and I wouldn't use the on the fly programming instead of using my laptop. So much more complicated. The software also lets you pick exactly which mode or slot you want the controller to be in when you connect it back to your xbox =)

odingalt

Staff member
Agreed,
Have toyed with the idea of perhaps adding a feature where we can be in mode two and cycle back to mode 1 without going through all 10 modes to do so?

But how without making it confusing or cumbersome? (I've already used up every button to which the modchip connects.)

Scatters

I noticed that while the right trigger rapid fire is activated, holding the mod switch and holding the LEFT trigger does not do anything so would you be able to make it holding the left trigger with rapid-fire active could make it do down a slot?

odingalt

Staff member
Ugh... that takes care of ONE feature, but what about:

Fast Reload
Burst Firing
Akimbo Firing
Quickscope
Jitter
Dropshot
Button maps
Turbo Melee

As soon as I make it so that rapidfire modes can be scrolled "up or down", next customers will ask: why can't I do the same with fast reload? Quickscope? Perfect active reloads? Remember this has to be somewhat intuitive for ye ol' customers. If it's randomly a different combination for every feature, my instructions and videos are going to get even more confusing than they already are (and look a lot like the crappy instructions on the Evil Master Mod v2 which is super confusing)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Is the modchip connected to the start button? Could do hold mod switch, hold start button, hold w/e button u want to scroll backwards for modes?

EDIT: NVM, think I got it odin. Hold mod switch + hold left trigger + hold button for function that you want to scroll backwards in. I saw that holding the mod switch and holding LT, even if rapidfire isn't enabled, does nothing according to the instruction card images so you could just use the mod switch and LT universally =)

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Oh ok, yeah the instruction cards are not up to date, you have to go by the software. Hold mod + tap left trigger turns on dual trigger rapidfire.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Oh ok, yeah the instruction cards are not up to date, you have to go by the software. Hold mod + tap left trigger turns on dual trigger rapidfire.

Yeah but that's only if you tap it, if you hold the left trigger i'm pretty sure it does nothing

Scatters

Ugh... that takes care of ONE feature, but what about:

Fast Reload
Burst Firing
Akimbo Firing
Quickscope
Jitter
Dropshot
Button maps
Turbo Melee

As soon as I make it so that rapidfire modes can be scrolled "up or down", next customers will ask: why can't I do the same with fast reload? Quickscope? Perfect active reloads? Remember this has to be somewhat intuitive for ye ol' customers. If it's randomly a different combination for every feature, my instructions and videos are going to get even more confusing than they already are (and look a lot like the crappy instructions on the Evil Master Mod v2 which is super confusing)

Hold the mod switch, hold the activating button (IE: 'x' for fast reload) then tap right or left trigger for going up or down a slot, with rapid-fire being hold no button just make sure the mod is activated.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I think I see what you are saying, mod switch + holding down the left trigger (in default button layout) does nothing. So it would be like hold mod switch + hold left trigger (don't release yet or it will switch you to dual trigger rapidfire) then hold the button for changing slots. Next time I have a chance to do driver update for XBOX360 I will look into the software and see if I can implement this without screwing up the rest of the menu system.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Ok I think I see what you are saying, mod switch + holding down the left trigger (in default button layout) does nothing. So it would be like hold mod switch + hold left trigger (don't release yet or it will switch you to dual trigger rapidfire) then hold the button for changing slots. Next time I have a chance to do driver update for XBOX360 I will look into the software and see if I can implement this without screwing up the rest of the menu system.

Exactly, you got it. And that way would scroll backwards only, and you would still scroll forward normally by holding the mod switch and w/e button.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
When did you order it? I'm pretty sure when they put it together that they have already updated your controller with the latest driver update, version 1.3

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
It should be updated, plug it into your laptop using the programming cable, open the software and in the upper right hand corner verify that is says driver 1.3