I can't program the viking

NYjetsNY1

Well i can't program the controller. First two leds light up LED1 + LED4
Then i plug the cable in then LED2 + LED3 light up
no blinking, just solid blueish leds...

What do i do
i get: device not detected verify device is in bootloader mode.

I followed the video tutorial and my leds do not blink

NYjetsNY1

i tried both, charged and uncharged battery pack, rechargeable pack... everything the computer will NOT recognize the viking! what do i do

NYjetsNY1

i tried that too.. i tried a different computer.
Heres what happends:
Press start
2 leds
plug in
2 diff leds
cpu= doesnt detect controller

controller off
plug in to computer
4 leds blink
cpu detects but not in bootloader mode

controller off
no battery back
plug in
cpu detects but not in bootloader mode

When it is in bootloader mode, computer doesn't detect it!!! What do i do

NYjetsNY1

Is there something wrong with my controller??? Every button works, the rapid fire pre-install works as well. My computers won't detect the viking though, I've tried multiple battery packs rechargeable once diff pnc cables rebooted diff softwares... everything!

odingalt

Staff member
Hey guy, if you're an old raven's customer then the process is really similar, I hate to say this but if you're eexperienced on using the raven and you can't get this new controller to sync there's a possibility that there's a problem with the controller, we'd be more than happy to take it into the shop on our dime and diagnose the problem and get a replacement issued ASAP

If it's a serpent we don't have any spares so we gotta fix up the one you got

Shoot me a PM or open a support ticket (I see the one you submitted tonight) we'll work through this :-(

E

odingalt

Staff member
Turns out this was an issue with a vmware on Mac. Controller worked fine on a Windows PC.

Are there any people out there good with VMWare? I read some stuff on google about HID filtering in vmware? The Viking controller identifies as a rather generic Windows HID device using a generid pid/vid, it seems like maybe there is a config screen somewhere to allow the vmware to see this device or am I wrong?

NYjetsNY1

Thanks odingalt, yes I don't have a windows computer. Vmware fusion doesn't let my controller into it. It worked for the odin's raven, not the new viking. Anybody good with VMWARE fusion?

odingalt

Staff member
odingalt said:
Turns out this was an issue with a vmware on Mac. Controller worked fine on a Windows PC.

Are there any people out there good with VMWare? I read some stuff on google about HID filtering in vmware? The Viking controller identifies as a rather generic Windows HID device using a generid pid/vid, it seems like maybe there is a config screen somewhere to allow the vmware to see this device or am I wrong?

Time to find a friend with a PC... if you are trying to get this to run on a mac, you're on your own. The HID management is terribly buggy.

http://viking360.com/support/faq

What are the computer system requirements? Will the software work on Mac?
The macro software requires a computer with a USB port running Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP. Macintosh and Linux are not supported at this time. We provide the software and programming cable required. The desktop resolution required is 1280 x 1024.