I feel like a idiot.

Jonathon

Hey guys. This isn't really important but I feel like talking about it, For three years I played Xbox live. And for those three years I always had a STRICT NAT connection. Now I was going to play a match of MW2 with my friend when I said "Hey you host the lobby because I have a shitty connection." And he said "Dude, you know there's a way to fix that." I kinda rolled my eye's because I've been trying to get a OPEN NAT for three years. I couldn't play Red Dead Redemption, Gears of war 2, GTA 4, Crysis 2, or MW2(Barely). So my friend told me to go to the Xbox dashboard and go to system settings and set my ip address to default. So I did. When I signed back in I put in MW2 and searched for a match. It took me less than five seconds. By this time I was going crazy. I was so happy that I gave my friend 4000 Microsoft Points for a reward. Three years of searching and my friend found the solution In less than thirty seconds. I feel like a idiot. :|

Fredrow

Dude dont feel to bad about it, we all do super stupid ish sometimes... But at least you got a hella great story to tell now..... :D

obo

lol bro, i wish it was that easy for everybody. I'm glad it worked for you though!
My wifi connection is like some magic 8-ball that randomly decides my NAT connection depending on the week...

Ben

obo said:
lol bro, i wish it was that easy for everybody. I'm glad it worked for you though!
My wifi connection is like some magic 8-ball that randomly decides my NAT connection depending on the week...

Same... sucks.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Anyone know the magic trick for PS3? My strict NAT is really pissing me off right now, I can't play CTF on MW2 because it won't find any games...

GJUnLeAsHeD

Jonathon said:
Hey guys. This isn't really important but I feel like talking about it, For three years I played Xbox live. And for those three years I always had a STRICT NAT connection. Now I was going to play a match of MW2 with my friend when I said "Hey you host the lobby because I have a poop connection." And he said "Dude, you know there's a way to fix that." I kinda rolled my eye's because I've been trying to get a OPEN NAT for three years. I couldn't play Red Dead Redemption, Gears of war 2, GTA 4, Crysis 2, or MW2(Barely). So my friend told me to go to the Xbox dashboard and go to system settings and set my ip address to default. So I did. When I signed back in I put in MW2 and searched for a match. It took me less than five seconds. By this time I was going crazy. I was so happy that I gave my friend 4000 Microsoft Points for a reward. Three years of searching and my friend found the solution In less than thirty seconds. I feel like a idiot. :|
YAY YOU SAVED ME! Your my hero! ;)

Xx Binno xX

lmao that the only problem u have? i have 3 xbox 360 in my house and i have 2 that are moderate and or strict and only one is open so what i did is i bitched out linksys and told them it was the router and they still wont give me a new one because i never had the problem before and it just started. They only will give me a paid service to fix it and all the paid service will do for me is tell me how to port forward which is easy shit but my router only has so many slots to port forward and i wont be able to port forward them all which sucks.

darkdraco9

Yeah the solution to this issues seems be different for everyone. Linksys routers to my understanding all tend to have issues with xbox live nat type. Has something to do with how linksys chose to handle packets or something in the software, i read a long time ago. The solution given to fix linksys is open certain ports with forwarding but for me it still randomly goes to strict every so often and no matter what i do it stays that way , then all of a sudden back to open. Has anyone had issues with Dlink routers I thinking of changing to them. Hate to dump my linksys e2000 but the thing is annoying.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I have a D-link, and I have a strict NAT on my PS3... Can't seem to fix it. Could be my internet company though, they do some wierd and stupid things.

Xx Binno xX

darkdraco9 said:
Yeah the solution to this issues seems be different for everyone. Linksys routers to my understanding all tend to have issues with xbox live nat type. Has something to do with how linksys chose to handle packets or something in the software, i read a long time ago. The solution given to fix linksys is open certain ports with forwarding but for me it still randomly goes to strict every so often and no matter what i do it stays that way , then all of a sudden back to open. Has anyone had issues with Dlink routers I thinking of changing to them. Hate to dump my linksys e2000 but the thing is annoying.

that is the same router i fvcking have and its blows man im never buying linksys again