I need a controller strictly for rapid fire

GAMESHARQ

I need rapid fire on the A,B,X,Y buttons and the Right Trigger on an Xbox 360 controller.

Would the Viking controller work for this? If so, how fast can the rapid fire be and how easy is it to program?

odingalt

Staff member
To get rapidfire on A,X,B,Y you would need to use four of the added tac switches; each tac switch would make rapidfire on each different button.

You can increase the speed way higher than any game will recognize. There's no games that have recognized over about 40SPS (shots per second), that was the original Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

Rapidfire is easy to get set up in the macro editor.

odingalt

Staff member
They come pre-installed, on the viking360.com home page at the bottom is a picture of the tac switches installed on a controller.

odingalt

Staff member
Honestly dude? Have you even visited the website or done any reading whatsoever on this product?

From the http://www.viking360.com home page:

"Control any situation with The Viking.
Record your best moves, download new ones, and save presets for any game. Tweak your moves down to the millisecond using our macro software. Jitter mode and rapid-fire are just the beginning. "

From the macro library at http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ro-library the very first macro is:

BlackOpsRapidFire_tweeted-1

GAMESHARQ

The reason why I asked is because I really just need a controller that can do rapid fire on all buttons, and I realize your controller is capable of doing a lot more than that. Because of the level of detail your controller can reach, I just want to make sure that it would be easy for someone like me to program just to do rapid fire. I am not familiar with macros at all so this is all new to me. Plus, $200 is a lot of money for me and I want to make sure it's what I need before spending that much money.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah that is a good point $200 is a big investment. Well if all you need is a,b,x,y and right trigger rapidfire I know that at least on PS3 there was a third-party controller that was only like $40 that would do this. It didn't have the software bundled with it but our controller might be overkill if that's all you need. You might try googling a little harder to see if there is a cheaper product that just does the rapidfire on these 5 buttons for you. :D Not that I want to lose a sale lol but if there is a cheaper way to accomplish what you are looking for...

Galen

just know that although the controller may seem complicated to edit and make your own macros, with practice you can do some really awesome stuff and it really is not all too difficult. And since you just need rapid fire you could do that easily for any button on the controller by spending 1-2 minutes in the macro editing software. Also it will probably be much faster then any storebought controller such as a madcats macro controller which can do rapidfire, but is slower and harder to toggle rapidfire on/off for specific buttons. It is a hefty price for some, but consider the fact that you will eventually have other games you may realize would work well with an advanced macro at which time you would simply be able to hop onto the computer and make one rather than try to buy a new modded controller online to suit your needs. If you enjoy fighting games with advanced techniques (like ninja gaiden or something) that require you to move your sticks in specific directions as well as press buttons this controller is perfect. (it is also useful in many sports games, from football (field goals perfect every time) to Skate 1,2,3 (perform perfect moves without having to move your analog sticks in very specific tedious ways)) I do highly recommend this controller it should be able to satisfy your needs as a controller until the next Gen console is released in late/early 2011/2012

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah that's always the sales pitch we've tried to use with our products - if you love video games and you play 30-40 hours a week, you're definitely going to get your money's worth. If you buy a rapidfire controller off of e-bay for $79 that works for a game, and then buy another $79 rapidfire controller later because the first one you bought got outdated because it's not updatable... well you've just paid for a Viking right there.

Our controllers aren't for everybody, you may just need right trigger rapidfire and nothing more - if that's the case there are cheaper controllers available out there to help you accomplish your mission (we used to sell one called the Tyr's Hand at one point we had on sale for $89 that was a 'plain' dual trigger rapidfire)

GAMESHARQ

So I downloaded the software and messed around with it. I also watched the videos. Do you have any tutorial videos that focus specifically on assigning rapidfire to specific buttons?

Also, is it possible to assign rapid movement to the Right joystick so that by holding the joystick in one direction, it simulates moving the joystick around rapidly?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

GAMESHARQ said:
So I downloaded the software and messed around with it. I also watched the videos. Do you have any tutorial videos that focus specifically on assigning rapidfire to specific buttons?

Also, is it possible to assign rapid movement to the Right joystick so that by holding the joystick in one direction, it simulates moving the joystick around rapidly?
if you dont understand it you can always download macros out of the macro library

odingalt

Staff member
GAMESHARQ said:

Nope. But you can assign rapid movement to the joystick for any other button. You can assign macros to any button except the analog joystick directions. I.e. joystick press yes, x,y,b,a, d-pads, triggers.

GAMESHARQ

All of the rapidfire macros seem to be around 10 shots per second. I need something a lot faster than that. The turbo controller I own now can do 26 sps.

smallx

I'm pretty sure this controller can do more than 26 sps but doing that in call of duty: the shots wont register or you'll get mod blocked

GAMESHARQ

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that these controllers were undetectable. I must be confusing it with another controller I looked at.

odingalt

Staff member
Yes, you are confusing it with your imagination. Let me make this painfully clear: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNDETECTABLE CONTROLLER.

Every mod shop that tells you that their controller is undetectable, is a LIAR, and is marketing this to fool you into buying their product.

With that said, if you are worried about being detected, The Viking is the best controller you can purchase. Why? Because in the unlikely event that rapidfire controllers are targeted anymore than they already are (by a simple speed cap... in the case of Black Ops the speed cap is somewhere under 9.0 shots per second), The Viking can be updated via USB on a Windows PC using the macro software.

For free.

Other mod companies, I guarantee you, will charge you $$$ (and you'll have to ship your controller into their shop, which could take WEEKS) to get any rapidfire code updates in the future.

So to recap, other mod companies lie to you to make the sale, and then charge you $$$ later for rapidfire code updates. Viking charges you one price up front, we don't lie to you, and our software and any future macros are always free!