I need help connecting to PC and updating firmware

bagwell358

I received my controller on Friday and tried tonight to update the firmware but wasn't able to get the PC to recognize the controller.

I have synced to my xbox one and performed the steps in the manual by using the aftermarket micro USB on bottom of controller. Each time I press rb and lb and hit the xbox button the led stays purple on the top left. No blinking. At no point does the PC recognize the controller.

The controller was sent with two of the same cables. Both are micro USB on both ends. I can't use those because PC does not have one so I used a micro to standard USB I had here. (Manual also says to use standard.)

What might I be doing wrong? Could my cable be bad? Is there any testing I can do to see if controller is faulty.

Thanks

JIM WALKER

I received my controller on Friday and tried tonight to update the firmware but wasn't able to get the PC to recognize the controller.

I have synced to my xbox one and performed the steps in the manual by using the aftermarket micro USB on bottom of controller. Each time I press rb and lb and hit the xbox button the led stays purple on the top left. No blinking. At no point does the PC recognize the controller.

The controller was sent with two of the same cables. Both are micro USB on both ends. I can't use those because PC does not have one so I used a micro to standard USB I had here. (Manual also says to use standard.)

What might I be doing wrong? Could my cable be bad? Is there any testing I can do to see if controller is faulty.

Thanks

You are correct in using the standard cable, check that the micro end is FULLY home, I found that I had to trim off some of the micro sleeve because the paddles were stopping it from pushing all the way in. also, are you using the new batteries, again, I found when I used the battery pack I had to plug in the charge cable (into the battery not the controller socket). If you plug your controller into your pc with the charge and play cable (this time using the front micro) does it see the controller then ?

bagwell358

If I do plug in using the original USB the led lights turn on and move as I move the analog sticks. It still does not get recognized by computer.

I am using the two batteries that shipped with the controller.

Unless the USB to micro cable I have is no good I'm not sure what else I can do. I made sure the micro USB was all the way into the controller after I tried for about 30 mins with no luck.

When the controller gets plugged into the USB and connected to the computer should something get recognized exclusive to the viking software? Should the computer recognize a new device just like it would an iphone?

noonoo390

If I do plug in using the original USB the led lights turn on and move as I move the analog sticks. It still does not get recognized by computer.

I am using the two batteries that shipped with the controller.

Unless the USB to micro cable I have is no good I'm not sure what else I can do. I made sure the micro USB was all the way into the controller after I tried for about 30 mins with no luck.

When the controller gets plugged into the USB and connected to the computer should something get recognized exclusive to the viking software? Should the computer recognize a new device just like it would an iphone?

i have the same problem just got my controller as well came with 3 plugs but none of then have usb 2.0 to connect with my computer do i need a different cable wat should i do

bagwell358

I have just opened a support ticket. Hopefully we can sort it out.

Is everyone having success using the cables provided or different ones? If different where did you get the cable?

Thanks

JIM WALKER

I have just opened a support ticket. Hopefully we can sort it out.

Is everyone having success using the cables provided or different ones? If different where did you get the cable?

Thanks

My correct cable was in the box, but any standard USB to micro USB cable will do .... Had no issues at all ...

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for posting back the solution! We sent him two WRONG cables, if we had just sent the right cables, he wouldn't have run into his cable nor had to buy another cable, but happy it's working!