I want to spend 400 dollars with you right now!

EvilHimself

Hi,

I am from the UK and trying to order your controller with express shipment via UPS. Unfortunately, your credit card verification system seems totally bugged and I do not wish to use Paypal.
Is there a phone number that I can ring to order this asap?

Kind Regards
A prospective customer (hopefully) soon to become paying customer!

NYjetsNY1

There is something wrong then, try using a different credit card or a prepaid card. Paypal has a great success rate, why not try it?

EvilHimself

I tried a few times and it first said "Address mismatch" followed by "Invalid card". Anyway, I use this card everyday to buy things from all over the world and it never causes any problems.
The other option is to use my Luxembourg cc card but you don't have that country listed and I fear that it's going to cause additional issues because of the different shipping address.

Maestro doesn't seem to be supported and PayPal is completely out of the question (I'd rather throw the money out of a window than perform a transaction with them).

This leaves us with the following option: phone call (quick and easy), western union (a bit of hassle) or international transfer (slow).

PS: You really need to work on that shopping cart. The experience from an International perspective is less than premium for what should be a premium checkout experience.

EvilHimself

I just know what is going to happen:

1) I will go tomorrow morning to the Indian grocery store next door and ask for a 400 USD prepaid card
2) I will spend half an hour waiting for him to make 7 phone calls and then tell me that they don't do these things and that I should go to the post office
3) I will queue at the post office for half an hour (remember that this is the UK) to then be told that their prepaid cards only work in the UK
4) With a bit of luck I will find somebody that is going to sell me a prepaid card before the end of the day
5) I will log onto your website to then be greeted to the tune of "Invalid Card, Please check with your bank..."

On a more serious note - I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to help, you do however need to ask yourself the question how as a business you are tackling the 'rest of the world'.
At the moment your VISA payment gateway is downright defective and I cannot remember ever having been asked to buy something like a prepaid card before (I am sure that they are common in the US).

Is there any chance that you might have a European distributor that I could buy your product from?

PS: I really would like to buy your product!

NYjetsNY1

I just know what is going to happen:

1) I will go tomorrow morning to the Indian grocery store next door and ask for a 400 USD prepaid card
2) I will spend half an hour waiting for him to make 7 phone calls and then tell me that they don't do these things and that I should go to the post office
3) I will queue at the post office for half an hour (remember that this is the UK) to then be told that their prepaid cards only work in the UK
4) With a bit of luck I will find somebody that is going to sell me a prepaid card before the end of the day
5) I will log onto your website to then be greeted to the tune of "Invalid Card, Please check with your bank..."

On a more serious note - I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to help, you do however need to ask yourself the question how as a business you are tackling the 'rest of the world'.
At the moment your VISA payment gateway is downright defective and I cannot remember ever having been asked to buy something like a prepaid card before (I am sure that they are common in the US).

Is there any chance that you might have a European distributor that I could buy your product from?

PS: I really would like to buy your product!

Maybe odingalt has a better solution! He'll be on soon enough, and then he can answer this better.

odingalt

Staff member
I tried a few times and it first said "Address mismatch" followed by "Invalid card". Anyway, I use this card everyday to buy things from all over the world and it never causes any problems.
The other option is to use my Luxembourg cc card but you don't have that country listed and I fear that it's going to cause additional issues because of the different shipping address.

Maestro doesn't seem to be supported and PayPal is completely out of the question (I'd rather throw the money out of a window than perform a transaction with them).

This leaves us with the following option: phone call (quick and easy), western union (a bit of hassle) or international transfer (slow).

PS: You really need to work on that shopping cart. The experience from an International perspective is less than premium for what should be a premium checkout experience.

Ironically we have to agree with you regarding PayPal - we hate PayPal, for all sorts of reasons. We still offer it, although only to international customers, since Authorize.net (our credit card processing gateway) has a low success rate with non-north American bank/credit cards.

I'm afraid calling us on the tele will not make the credit card be approved - over the telephone we would be entering the same information into the same automated system that already declined your transaction. (In other words there's nothing magical we can do to fool the system)

I agree with you - a prepaid card will probably not do any better, since the prepaid cards over in your part of the world are surely issued by UK or European banks - when we've already established the fact that our processing gateway Authorize.net has very low success rate with any bank/credit/gift/prepaid cards from non-North American routes.

And I do have to agree with you, Authorize.net has a proven track record of not accepting non-North American cards. Unfortunately, I am but a small business, and Authorize.net is the leading processing gateway in North America. They give the best deal and were willing to work with small businesses, which is a lot more than I can say for some other credit card processing gateways who charge huge fees for low-volume customers.

Unfortunately that leaves PayPal as the last resort :-( (and the usual form of payment for non-North American customers trying to buy Viking products). A lot of people around the world specifically request PayPal as their first preferred payment source (ironic to me, considering how much I personally hate PayPal and try to avoid using it) because they are under the misguided belief that PayPal is actually there to protect customers from buyers and vice versa. In reality, PayPal is there to take a cut of every transaction, and they could care less what happens to the seller or buyer. Last time I checked, PayPal wasn't considered a "bank" in the USA and therefore is not required to follow all of the same rules.

I really am terribly sorry that we don't have better European and UK systems for accepting payments. There's really no payment system offered in the U.S. that will help improve our success rate with Euro cards. I can only assume it goes back to the big banks in the US system not wanting funds to leave this country. Remember, banks in the USA have free-roam and don't have to follow any rules. The banks own the system here along with the rich lobbiests and the corrupt congressmen and senators. Or maybe simply American banks are ignorant and don't think they need to accept money from other countries.

Inversely, my credit cards would probably work at UK shopping sites. I guess that's why the GBP has always had the highest value of any currency! lol

odingalt

Staff member
It's been probably a year or so since I tried google'ing for ways to accept Maestro and other UK-based cards. I had to have a laugh when this was my first search result....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/24/google_maestro/

Apparently Google checkout started out accepting Maestro and then dropped them early on. I remember looking at Google checkout as an alternate to PayPal, but found through research that they aren't much friendlier to sellers than PayPal. Any real alternatives would require a lengthy application and approval process and big monthly or annual fees. Since we would be setting up a second service just for UK and our volume is very low, we would be paying hefty fees even if we could get the service working. Plus we'd have to hire a website developer to custom-rig our site to work with multiple credit card gateways at one time.

Sorry to answer one of your questions I missed earlier, unfortunately there are no other shops selling Macro controllers. There is a shop in France who is selling the PS3 Ragnarok under another brand. And we will be releasing an XBOX360 version of the Ragnarok next week and will be selling those chips to shop in Europe by the end of the year, so that they can offer their own XBOX360 Ragnarok (under their own name/brand). But the macro controllers are just sold out of our shop in the US and only until the last 180 units are sold out.

x iiTryHard o

ModdingBros Member
You could always buy my macro controller, i don't have a xbox no more but still have my controller.
Let me clear this up so Nyjet's dont have to "THERE WILL BE NO SELLING/TRADING ON THE FORUMS THERE ARE MANY OTHER PLACES TO DO THAT. VIKING WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU GETTING RIPPED OFF/SCAMMED"