Interested in the Ragnarok DIY Chip, Questions Though

Madman

The Ragnarok chip needs a Matrix2 board, right? If I ordered a brand new wireless controller from Amazon (not a merchant) would it be pretty definite that is what I would get? I was reading another thread here that suggested they might be bringing another board back into circulation, that does not work with the Ragnarok chip.

Is the mod button optional? What is it used for?

Does it come with just the chip, or is it accompanied by wiring/mod button/3.5mm jack/anything else?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
You need a matrix 2 board however you would not be guaranteed any type of board its kind of the luck of the draw. This is what it includes pulled straight from the website Your purchase of this DIY "kit" includes:
  • The XBOX 360 Ragnarok Modchip
  • Mod switch
  • USB jack (installation of this jack is optional if you want USB capability)
  • USB-to-3.5mm Programming cable
  • On-line full color, detailed installation instruction
Also the USB jack is the optional one which this allows you to program your controller through the computer.

Welcome to the forums!

Madman

You need a matrix 2 board however you would not be guaranteed any type of board its kind of the luck of the draw. This is what it includes pulled straight from the website Your purchase of this DIY "kit" includes:
  • The XBOX 360 Ragnarok Modchip
  • Mod switch
  • USB jack (installation of this jack is optional if you want USB capability)
  • USB-to-3.5mm Programming cable
  • On-line full color, detailed installation instruction
Also the USB jack is the optional one which this allows you to program your controller through the computer.

Welcome to the forums!

Have they recently been reintroducing an older board model? Also, a lot of other mod chips just need to be wired differently to work with different controller boards, but I haven't seen anything regarding if that works with the Ragnarok chip. If that isn't possible, what about the Ragnarok prevents it?

What would I need to drill the holes for the mod switch and USB 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for the help!

40_ounce

You will need a Matrix2 board. Not sure what about the Ragnarok prevents it from being used on other controllers but I'm sure Odin will be here soon to answer that. The best way to get a Matrix2 is buying the wireless controller that comes with the two AA batteries.

Do not buy the controller that comes with the play and charge kit. But that is no guarantee.
If it's not a matrix2 then you can return it and try again.

Or if you have a gamestop around you try looking at there used controllers.
Another way is to buy a used one from eBay and ask the seller to check if it's a matrix2.

that will be the most frustrating way to do because sellers on eBay are not always helpful when it comes to checking for you.

But the best way to make sure you get the matrix2 board is just buy the Ragnarok pre-made from vikingdigital.com.LOL....

As far as drilling the holes for the tact switch and usb kook up all you need is a drill and a couple bits.
I forget what size you need but you can download the installation PDF and it will tell you there.

odingalt

Staff member
Madman

If it turns out your wireless controller has a CG1 or CG2 controller you can turn it into a Thor's Hammer or Odin's Raven and purchase our "legacy" modchip instead, we will be listing that modchip for sale very soon.