Intro

sharkey

Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new here. Just ordered my beserker and am super eager to recieve it. It's my first modded controller period. I had a hard time choosing between scuf and this but at the end of the day viking controllers seemed to have far more utility and much better support. So I decided to go with the beserker and purchase a elite controller down the road for unmodded competitive play.

By day I'm a programmer and by night huge tech and hardware enthusiast (I use to be super into modding 360s). I can't wait to start building macros and potentially get into controller modding down the road.

Look forward to being part of the community!

sharkey

Thanks guys. Just received my beserker today... Great work, you can't even tell it's modded everything is perfectly flush. I only wish the modchip came in an elite, a normal shell feels so cheap now in comparison. :cool:

Overall pretty awesome piece of hardware.

modded matt

LOL I love these types of posts.....

I am glad you made the correct choice, dont take the rest of this the wrong way.

School Time:
I have seen this posted in many places all over the internet. " I only wish the modchip came in an elite, a normal shell feels so cheap now in comparison" If you believe that, I have a house in west Virginia for sale cheap. you can even make payments on it. Or if your not ready to buy a house, I have a used car for sale on the low. (dont mind that wet black spot underneath, thats just sweat from all the horse power.)

Facts:
1. The material construction is the same type and thickness plastic used in ALL Microsoft controllers.
2. The stick module (the real part that does the work, not the stick covers that your fingers touch) are the same part. You will have the same type of "stick drift" all Microsoft controllers develop over time.
3. The grip on the bottom sides is an injected plastic. I have not seen any mod shop use injected plastic, but you can get textured grips from Ebay.
4. The total shipping weight of the elite is 2.9LBS and the shipping weight of the standard controller is 1.8LBS, so we are talking about 1 LB to account for the added packaging, the case, and added buttons/parts. This equates to like 0.2LBS of added weight (just the paddle components)

If its weight your after, open the side grip cover and glue in a few lead weights from a fish and tackle shop...SAME DIFFERENCE.

Good Day.

sharkey

Don't take it the wrong way I absolutely understand the difference. I also understand that there could be potential R&D in implementing the modchip into the elite which creates a controller in the upwards of 500$+ which there is not a large enough market for.

It was more a passing thought, my elite is already collecting dust now that I've got my beserker however the things I do like about the elite mainly are

1. The grips on the back
2. The trigger stops (not the jerry-rigged ones scuf does)
3. Adjustable on the fly magnetic components.
4. Soft touch covering on the front of the controller
5. 3.5mm headset jack (I can play with my bose headphones - but yes im aware there's an adapter)

I'm not a misinformed consumer who thinks that the Elite controller is made out of some insanely durable space alloy collected off an asteroid, but it is a comfortable controller to play with and a beserker modchip in it would be all the more awesome. And while your car analogy is fairly relevant you could equally make the counter argument in that you can buy various models of the same car. Sure I can buy that car with cloth interior but if I have the means to buy it with leather, why wouldnt I? Of course it's the same car internally but one feels more premium.

But anyways.. I'm 100% thrilled with my purchase and I don't think I could ever go back to a standard controller. Which is why I've given up the bells and whistles of my elite controller in favor of my new shiny beserker.

JIM WALKER

I also love these posts, lol ....

Matt, your post is spot on, but then your knowledge regarding gaming gear is way above the average.

Sharkey, you can sit at my conversation table anytime, your car analogy rebuttal ....a perfect riposte ..... touché young sir .....

modded matt

Touche Sharkey. Well said. I apologize, you would be surprised at the uneducated children we get on the forums who just think the elite controller is so much better than anything on the market and they are just wrong. There is one kid on utube who is throwing it at a wall to "show how much durable it is" I take so much of it and then want to choke someone.

Again I apologize, let me know if there is anything I can do for you or if you have any questions about the software.

I guess my next major mod should be putting a berserker in an elite shell, just need to find a customer.

ooRedXoo

I only wish the modchip came in an elite...
This is what I have been waiting for, but I feel it might be awhile if ever for it to happen. I know the Berserker is the better controller overall, I just wish I could have the best of both worlds.
I guess my next major mod should be putting a berserker in an elite shell, just need to find a customer.
I'd be down for this.

modded matt

Like $350-$400 interested? I Figure the cost of the Berserker is $250 and the Elite is $150. I will have to work something out with E.

ooRedXoo

I already have the Elite controller, could I ship you mine? Also, I have two like new standard xbox one controllers that I don't need. I'm not sure if they would be of use to you because I could throw them in if maybe some salvaged parts or something would also help lower the cost...

sharkey

Like $350-$400 interested? I Figure the cost of the Berserker is $250 and the Elite is $150. I will have to work something out with E.

While it sounds outrageous to think there is any real market for that, it is possible that it might be a larger market than one might think. If people are all ready dropping 250$ + shipping on a berserker it's likely the customer base are those who have have the disposable income to burn who just want the best of the best... However it certainly wouldn't outsell whatever the beserker currently sells but could potentially compliment it if the extra effort required is minimal. I know I personally would purchase it.

Last edited:

bonefisher

Take from me Matt knows his stuff! He built a custom hybrid Viking macro 360 Scuf controller for me which I'm not cutting loose. Still works great!

odingalt

Staff member
The elite is a totally sweet controller. It is also completely incompatible with the current design of the Berserker modchip. We needed to sell around 600-700 Berserkers to break even on the project, so far we're somewhere in the 200 range. I was definitely not looking for more excuses to spend more money on the Berserker project when Microsoft decided to release not one but two redesigned controllers (the standard XBOX One with 3.5mm headset jack and the new Elite).

odingalt

Staff member
(By comparison, we sold a couple thousand XBOX 360 macro controllers in about 4 years time. Our big mistake was coming out with new software - in hindsight, we should have just copy-and-pasted the XBOX 360 macro software into the XBOX One controller)