Is it worth $200?

iBaked Muffinz

I am thinking about buying the black controller. But, I was wondering if it was worth the $200. Here is some things that I need to be cleared up:
1) Can you program several rapid fire mods?
(This meaning can you have a jitter mod, a full auto mod, and a akimbo mod?)
2) You can set the controller to have rapid fire all the time?
3) What makes this special for the $200, I mean I could go buy another controller that is rapid fire with LED's for under $200.
4) Is there life-time warranty? Meanig the controller breaks, do I get another one?

Thanks for understanding my post. Hopefully I will get this controller, but I am a hard person to please. When it comes to a controller for $200, I want to know ALL that it does. Thanks.

LoveKillzSlowly

1) You can have pages of different mods for any game.
2) Yes
3) Actually yes you can find a controller less than $200 but nothing as special as the viking NOT EVEN CLOSE. Open your eyes and use the search engine, you'll find some of your answers. But there is no other controller like the viking controller. This isn't just a "rapidfire" controller that you find on ebay, it is so much more than that. You can edit macros, it has a record and playback feature. The modchip is connected to EVERY button on the controller including the analog sticks. So you can use this controller for Call of Duty, fighting games such as Mortal Kombat(you can edit a macro so that you press one tac button and it will do a complete combo with the touch of ONE button), sport games, glitches, etc.
It also has a kick-a-- software to back it up so you can do all your editing and sharing through the viking software.
By the way this controller has 16 different LEDS you can choose from at anytime. Anything that any other modded controller can do this can do it too PLUS more.
4) You have 90 days warranty.

If you can find any other controller that does this I WILL personally buy you the viking controller. This controller is worth the $200. Free upgrades too!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LoveKillzSlowly said:
1) You can have pages of different mods for any game.
2) Yes
3) Actually yes you can find a controller less than $200 but nothing as special as the viking NOT EVEN CLOSE. Open your eyes and use the search engine, you'll find some of your answers. But there is no other controller like the viking controller. This isn't just a "rapidfire" controller that you find on ebay, it is so much more than that. You can edit macros, it has a record and playback feature. The modchip is connected to EVERY button on the controller including the analog sticks. So you can use this controller for Call of Duty, fighting games such as Mortal Kombat(you can edit a macro so that you press one tac button and it will do a complete combo with the touch of ONE button), sport games, glitches, etc.
It also has a kick-a-- software to back it up so you can do all your editing and sharing through the viking software.
By the way this controller has 16 different LEDS you can choose from at anytime. Anything that any other modded controller can do this can do it too PLUS more.
4) You have 90 days warranty.

If you can find any other controller that does this I WILL personally buy you the viking controller. This controller is worth the $200. Free upgrades too!
well said lovekillz thumbs up!

odingalt

Staff member
Good answers. Thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents (or in this case, 2 benjamins).

1.) I know that we are a little different, having gone with the idea of allowing set up of different 'macro pages'. But this allows you to accomplish mode changes faster on the Viking macro controller than with any other rapidfire controller on the market.

All of the other rapidfire controllers to-date require that you press and hold a tac switch, and wait while you watch the LED flash through all modes. All the companies pride themselves somewhat like this: "You want to buy our AwesomeModz AwesomeBlaster 9000 because it's a 10 mode mod!" "Oh yeah, our mod is 12 modes!" More modes is NOT better! If your mod has 12 modes - guess what - you'll have to sit there holding a tac switch all day while you count off flashes on the LED... 1... 2... 3... 4.... zzz....

With The Viking macro controller, you can set up rapidfire at 10 shots per second on the blue page, and set up jitter mod on the red page. Then just tap the tac switch one time to change from the red page to the blue page. No delay, no counting LED's flashing. Just tap and bam, you're ready to go with the other mode. Or set up multiple pages, the only difference is you have to tap the tac switch for as many pages as you want to skip. You're only limited by how fast you can tap the tac switch.

Once you wrap your head around the idea of using pages instead of modes, you will changing between modes faster than ever.

3.) Free macro editing software. Free software updates for life. Honest support forums with great customers. Free support ticketing system. Free on-line macro library for sharing all the greatest glitches. User-programmable LED's - nobody offers this. The Viking Macro controller isn't for everybody - you may not need or care about all these features - but if you are a hard core gamer, this is the controller for you. We sell the best, period. Once you pay the $200, you're done.

4.) Nobody offers a lifetime warranty on controllers. However, if there are defects in manufacturing of the controller (by Microsoft), or defects in our mod chip or the mod chip installation, we repair any problems free for 90 days. 99.99% of equipment problems will show up in the first 90 days. (What we don't cover is customer abuse or tampering/removing the warranty sticker, spilling soda pop and food in the controller, etc.).

[If you have a legitimate gripe about your mod after the 90 days, please contact us. In most cases, if it's not due to regular wear n' tear, we'll make the repairs. Especially if it's a failure of the mod chip or mod chip installation itself. Our hardware should be good for life. But we can't offer a lifetime warranty, because customers would take advantage of us and expect us to replace their mod for free, every year, for life. And it's just not realistic to expect that this controller won't wear out from regular gameplay.]

iBaked Muffinz

All sounds good so far! But I am wondering about the two controllers that I see. When I search around the forums, I hear people talking about controllers like Raven, Tyr's, and Thor's. What are these? When I go to www.viking360.com, all I see is a Black controller and a Halo: Reach style controller. Are these the only two that you offer now? Also, if these are the only two, does it do the same as all the other controllers? I may be getting this controller around mid December by the way.

Ben

The Raven, Hammer & Tyr's Hand were the original Viking360 controllers but these have now been discontinued :)

BuddahMonk

I personally think it will be worth it. There are so many of my old games, including arcade games, that I don't play anymore that I want to replay now using the Viking. I have been wanting to order this controller for about a month now. I'm only waiting and hoping that the new xbox controller coming out will be compatible and available as a Viking360.
If you happen to get your hands on this controller before the public does, any news would be great. Then again, I will probably be checking your site and these forums everyday for the next 2 weeks anyways. :D
Oh yeah. The new colors look great! Keep up the good work. I hope to be a customer and creating macros soon.

TDuB

At the end of the day youll realize this is the best mod after researching and the other half is making that leap and purchasing the controller and using the macro for your self and opening your mind to more than just rapid fire and jitter Quoting here "but it will have up to 16 pages" so basicaly 16 pages x 6 tacswitches and it makes a point that when this update comes out it will no doubt like it already isnt will be the only modded controller ever needed to be purchaced .$200 for macro, The reactions Priceless :D

DoN_LeX

Worth every penny in my opinion!! I just ordered mine a week ago and I just finished playing around with the software and what not. The capalities of this controller are endless as YOU decided what and how you want things done. I have a lot of technical know how and I must say, I don't believe the software could have been more USER-FRIENDLY.. A child could do it! Its mostly graphics along with the information and its all very well designed and placed... I'm debating on buying a second controller now even though I don't need it... lol.. I guess just incase I somehow break mine or something.. as a back-up..

To put it simply, this remote is a dream come true for me. Now I can stand up to these dudes online who seem to have some ninja fast fingers and samarai timing! I wish I had thought of this :roll: Great idea...

I say get it and kick butt..
Lex

*edit* Oh! and consider yourself lucky! These new custom design ones came out like a day after i got mine! :cry: Just my luck man... When I got mine there was only the black and halo model which I didn't like the halo edition... At least my luck playing my games will change :mrgreen:

Fredrow

As of right now this very min. The Odin's Raven is a better controller than the new "Viking" controller, hands down! Also another thing to point out is, if the Viking360 HEX Editor got all the way completed like it should have been then the Raven and Hammer controllers would have been the best two controllers and the only controllers ever needed. The HEX Editor at one point was suppose to have the option of putting a frequency on any button wired up to the chip, (except for button A and the right thumbstick button.) For some reason that's another failed project, well not failed but was hyped up and never completed. Now the new "Viking" is out, and seems to be having a lot of troubles out of the gate. As most people have already pointed out, that's because it's still in it's Beta testing stage. And the customers are the ones testing out the controller and finding all the bugs that are associated with the software and programing of the chips. But give it about 6 months and then the "Viking" controller will be a good controller that is smarter than 70% of the users who own it.

TDuB

SIMPLY PUT THE POTENTIAL OF THIS CONTROLLER MAKES THE ODINS RAVIN BECOMES LIKE EVERY OTHER MODDED CONTROLLER ON THE MARKET YES ITS FOR OTHER GAMES BUT THE MACRO IS FOR ANY GAME YOU PERFER.AS A GAMING ENTHUSIAST THIS WILL MAKE CONTROLLER HISTORY IN MY BOOK I WONDER IF OTHER WILL ANTEMPT THIS FEAT.

Lynx

TDuB said:
SIMPLY PUT THE POTENTIAL OF THIS CONTROLLER MAKES THE ODINS RAVIN BECOMES LIKE EVERY OTHER MODDED CONTROLLER ON THE MARKET YES ITS FOR OTHER GAMES BUT THE MACRO IS FOR ANY GAME YOU PERFER.AS A GAMING ENTHUSIAST THIS WILL MAKE CONTROLLER HISTORY IN MY BOOK I WONDER IF OTHER WILL ANTEMPT THIS FEAT.

While I agree with you that this controller WILL eventually be amazing. There is no way that its ready for the market right now. When it was released it didnt even have functioning software to go along with it, now here we are almost a month later and we still havent even unlocked a fraction of the potential. I feel that they should have kept producing the old Legacy controllers and let this project marinate for another few months and looked at a holiday release or even after the first of the year. Just my 2 cents. I have a controller but stil wish I would have waited a few more months before purchasing one.

odingalt

Staff member
Lynx, Fredrow

Let's be specific here. Because I disagree with both of you. Have you guys even bothered opening up the new software?

What can't you do with the Viking Macro controller, that you an do on the Odin's Raven? Please don't cry about how "I can't slowly and painfully scroll through 20 modes..." you have got to admit that page-turning is WAY faster and WAY more efficient than sitting there causing a brain seizure by sitting there watching flashing lights all day long...

Lynx

odingalt said:
Lynx, Fredrow

Let's be specific here. Because I disagree with both of you. Have you guys even bothered opening up the new software?

What can't you do with the Viking Macro controller, that you an do on the Odin's Raven? Please don't cry about how "I can't slowly and painfully scroll through 20 modes..." you have got to admit that page-turning is WAY faster and WAY more efficient than sitting there causing a brain seizure by sitting there watching flashing lights all day long...

I never said the controller wasn't capable of doing something that the others can. I just said that I think it the release could have been delayed a few more months. I meant no disrespect, just wanted to state my opinion. I do think this controller will eventually blow everything else out of the water.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I can't totally disagree there, I think instead of an October 1st release date, we really should have had a November 1st release date. I don't think we needed to delay it by a couple of months though - heck most companies have problems on launch - look at Iphone 4g...

Any who we did have a lot of hiccups at launch if anybody is still having issues please please be sure to shoot me a PM or better yet hit us up through the support ticket system so we can track any problems that are still on going! Ticket system is easier for us to track problems than forums, but I love the forums too because it's easier interaction for everyone, whereas ticket system is 1-on-1.

simvida

I will be honest at this point. When the Viking was released. There were some issues that were immediately resolved. The controller worked fine even in its limited capacity. And by limited I say there were small bugs. I was able to record and play back my moves from the game and assign it to any button I wanted. By my count there are 100 different macros that can be assigned to this controller. NAME ANY and I mean ANY controller (including Thor & Raven (I Already have the Raven) that can record and play back moves. Now a player can record a worm, drop shot, shoot and use it every time with just the press of 1 button or tactile button. $200? That is small money compared to what this controller will turn you into. You can now compete with any one and they are going to wonder "How the heck did they do that". There isn't any controller on earth or existence (in case aliens have mods) that can do what the Viking can do already without upgrades and adjustments. Buy it - Worth every penny and more. Trying to figure out if any other company will offer to buy out Viking.