Is there a way

pokjbv

Is there a way to get the 3.5mm jack installed and getting to use the plug in play while playing with out buying a new controller.

IrishStyle

pokjbv said:
Is there a way to get the 3.5mm jack installed and getting to use the plug in play while playing with out buying a new controller.

If you have the PNC option now and upgraded to the 3.5mm jack, you would need to repair the PNC traces that have been cut. You can do this 2 ways, conductive paint, or taking an extacto and exposing both sided of the cut trace and reconnecting the trace with a piece or wire soldered to both sides. This will restore your PNC functions.

pokjbv

IrishStyle said:
pokjbv said:

If you have the PNC option now and upgraded to the 3.5mm jack, you would need to repair the PNC traces that have been cut. You can do this 2 ways, conductive paint, or taking an extacto and exposing both sided of the cut trace and reconnecting the trace with a piece or wire soldered to both sides. This will restore your PNC functions.
yeah I will mess it up if a I do that, some how.

Paul

PS3andCOD said:
If you just use a small drop of conductive glue/paint...

Oh just leave him alone PS3. When I started controller modding, every time I would open a RF controller I would somehow manage to break a solder.

Itz CHARLEY

Paul said:
, every time I would open a RF controller I would somehow manage to break a solder.
You got your self some real shtty luck man. or those people who did the solders made a bunch of cold solders.

Paul

Itz CHARLEY said:
Paul said:
, every time I would open a RF controller I would somehow manage to break a solder.
You got your self some real shtty luck man. or those people who did the solders made a bunch of cold solders.

Probably a bit of both. lol

Now I'm doing the soldering instead of breaking them, so that's an improvement. :p

modded matt

reparing the damage done by the modifying the PnC port for programming, is as simple as repairing the traces, but this is not feasable. there are more then a few cut traces which are very close together. patching them with conductive paint, without conecting them is going to be near imposible. It would be far easier for you to buy a new controller and transplant the viking chip to the new controller.

guys, I dont want to sound rude, but solder is a object, it is usually silver and comes in rolls. it is used in an action called soldering, and through this action you create solder joints. solder is not cold, and it doesnt really break as you speak, solder joints come apart. cold solder joints crack.

Fredrow

I would be able to fix it in no time..... S&^%t just a small trace repair, but I would not use conductive liquid tape or whatever this guy/kid is talking about. I would just use some 30AWG make 2 small little jumper wires and run one from the pin and then have it hop over your cut in the trace and then solder to the trace on the other side.....

Also Double M; nice call on explaining that to some of these kids out here who think that soldering is a cake walk...... Because its not..... You want to go learn about soldering I suggest that you find some place that will offer you to take the IPC-1-610 cert test.....