Jack locations Please.

ticktock

I just got this jack with my purchase.

Which one is D+, D-, Ground and VCC?...What is VCC?...Do i need it?...if not...Should I just snip it off?...

When installing the tact switches (duo)...where should i ground it to?...is it all 3 to the modchip or board?...

...lastly to make a tyrs hand, is it correct in me saying that i leave 'H' connection on the modchip clear and connect a wire from sync to 'F' on the modchip?...

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It's a small forum, people don't respond instantly... I don't know which is which, but I needed to tell you that. I do know the ground doesn't matter which one, you can use any point on the controller or modchip that is ground, they are all connected by traces on the board.

ticktock

It's a small forum, people don't respond instantly... I don't know which is which, but I needed to tell you that. I do know the ground doesn't matter which one, you can use any point on the controller or modchip that is ground, they are all connected by traces on the board.

Thank you for explaining the grounding bit. I just need help with jack now.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Please dont respond in that manor, all of the people you see on the forums except Odin are here on there own time volunteering to help people like you out. I have never installed these chips however I can look into it for you. I just need the respect given back that I am giving you.

Last edited:

ticktock

Please dont respond in that manor, all of the people you see on the forums except Odin are here on there own time volunteering to help people like you out. I have never installed these chips however I can look into it for you. I just need the respect given back that I am giving you.

Thank you. I was going insane because I was getting no response.

odingalt

Staff member
I am the only one that checks the forums, however several people check the ticketing system. I forwarded this thread on down to the shop to see if we have a diagram of this jack. This jack is different than our usual jack, Mouser.com ran out of stock of our normal jacks and production lead time was 4 months. We had to ship a different jack in the mean time, but that jack isn't in the normal instruction manual.