just bought the chip kit and i need a question answered

Paul

geestthebeast said:
Thanks Irish, but why not get wire from raioshack? i don't think anyone else sells it. I could check Lowes and Home Depot, but those are the only places that would really carry wire that small.

They used to have great 30AWG wire, but not it has all this shiny crap and this new coat etc.

odingalt

Staff member
I second the motion, radio shack has some shitty shiny kevlar coating that makes it nearly unacceptable for use in mod installation.

Better of purchasing online from frys.com or jameco.com or trying another local electronics or hobby shop that might carry the 30 AWG with a better wire coating.

geestthebeast

Fredrow said:
geestthebeast said:
I think im gunna go for it, i have a 13 watt soldering iron, so it should be safer and easier to use, that way i don't burn anything out, and i can buy some 30 gauge wire and i allready have rosin core solder. Plus radio shack will sell red tactical switches, that way i know how it works, and i know what to do when i want to possibly put on an xcm shell. another problem might be the 3.5 mm jack, do i have to do that? or can i do the pnc port? And does anyone have instructions to this now?

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but a 13-watt iron is not going to get the job done......

I'm sorry fredrow, you were right, my 13-watt didn't have enough to do my L.E.D swap out, so i pluged in my 25 watt and did it. I painted the controller blue, then put in a true green led for player 1, a yellow L.E.D for player 2, A red L.E.D for player 3, And a orange L.E.D for player 4. it looks pretty nice, ill order my dui kit from you soon, thanks, I was allso wondering if you could include about 4 feet of wire, no one here sells it exept radio shack and i hear its poor quallity wire, allso if you could include 5 white L.E.D's i would appreciate it. Ill send you an email before i purchase it. Thanks.