Just ordered my Viking

Directshot999

First off, I'm extremely impressed with the amount of technology in this controller. Very nice job, for $200 I was skeptical, but after reading up on it (including Se7ensins endorsements, etc.) I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. I went with the 3 day service, I want this thing as fast as it can get here :p

I have one quick question... Is there any way to implement a toggle switch? Lol... with all of the things this controller can do I feel pretty silly asking this question, but lets say that I've got Jitter on my RT and the Aim Assisted Jitter on my LT (to shoot for me when I zoom in). I may want to switch classes during the middle of the game to a Sniper or something; would there be any way to toggle those two macros off so the triggers act as normal?

NYjetsNY1

Directshot999 said:
First off, I'm extremely impressed with the amount of technology in this controller. Very nice job, for $200 I was skeptical, but after reading up on it (including Se7ensins endorsements, etc.) I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. I went with the 3 day service, I want this thing as fast as it can get here :p

I have one quick question... Is there any way to implement a toggle switch? Lol... with all of the things this controller can do I feel pretty silly asking this question, but lets say that I've got Jitter on my RT and the Aim Assisted Jitter on my LT (to shoot for me when I zoom in). I may want to switch classes during the middle of the game to a Sniper or something; would there be any way to toggle those two macros off so the triggers act as normal?

Of course! You can:

A. Switch pages. It is like entering a whole new class / mode set.

B. Set toggles! You can set a tactical switch to toggle RT / LT, etc.

NYjetsNY1

Directshot999 said:
shaoliin said:

Awesome lol... And another question... I know the LEDs on the ring of light are different, but are there LED lights behind the individual buttons (ABYX)?

Thanks for the help

Nope. Sorry! Just on the ring of light, XBOX Guide button. Fully customizable - color wise.

Directshot999

Pages? That sounds pretty awesome... How do you switch between them? Can I switch like in the middle of a game?

I can't wait for this controller to come in already, lol. Thanks again for the help

NYjetsNY1

Directshot999 said:
Pages? That sounds pretty awesome... How do you switch between them? Can I switch like in the middle of a game?

I can't wait for this controller to come in already, lol. Thanks again for the help

Yes, you assign a tactical switch to switch a page. You can switch in the middle of a game. You can even have up to 16 whole pages full of macros/mods!

Directshot999

Wow, that is pretty amazing. I was going to buy this regardless, but that just reinforces my reluctance to spend $200, lol. I'm definitely getting my money's worth here.

My friends are going to be so mad, lol.

NYjetsNY1

Directshot999 said:
Wow, that is pretty amazing. I was going to buy this regardless, but that just reinforces my reluctance to spend $200, lol. I'm definitely getting my money's worth here.

My friends are going to be so mad, lol.

Lol IK, my friends are always jealous, they constantly say "no-mods" when I play them. In madden, my kicker hits 68-yard field goals, no problem. It is crazy lol. Never fails.

Directshot999

Hmm, I bet perfect field goals and kickoffs is only scratching the surface of what I could do on NCAA with this thing...

One more question, I promise lol. Which switches do you guys use for the page toggles? The ones on the front?

NYjetsNY1

Directshot999 said:
Hmm, I bet perfect field goals and kickoffs is only scratching the surface of what I could do on NCAA with this thing...

One more question, I promise lol. Which switches do you guys use for the page toggles? The ones on the front?

Whatever you'd like! Best probably being front if you don't switch modes in-game, otherwise on back. Back tacs = easy switching things on the fly. Front tac switches are for switching / toggling not-on-the fly, as in you don't need to at the spur of the moment.

Directshot999

NYjetsNY1 said:
Directshot999 said:

Whatever you'd like! Best probably being front if you don't switch modes in-game, otherwise on back. Back tacs = easy switching things on the fly. Front tac switches are for switching / toggling not-on-the fly, as in you don't need to at the spur of the moment.

Sounds like they'll be on the front then, lol. I'm gonna go ahead and have an entire .vks ready for the controller as soon as it comes in so I can get right to slaughtering, lol.

It's amazing how far modded controllers have come. I've still got a pretty nice one ($80) from the CoD4 days. It's a simple sleeper mod, you just click the sync button and a mod comes on. The mod is preset to shoot about 25 shots per second, and pre-patch CoD4 it was just complete destruction.

The one I'm using now has custom red LEDs and 6 different modes with various things (3 shot burst, Jitter, and 4 other modes to mess around with). You can change the shots per second on them on the fly, too. That one was also $80.

Now I've got this thing that literally does everything I want it to do, lol.

Directshot999

UPS says this thing is due Monday :(. Dang, I was hoping I'd catch it on a Friday, but I can live, lol.

I wish there was a way for somebody to make a speed-knife that would work for Zombies, but since all you have are Frags I'd imagine it wouldn't work...

NYjetsNY1

Directshot999 said:
UPS says this thing is due Monday :(. Dang, I was hoping I'd catch it on a Friday, but I can live, lol.

I wish there was a way for somebody to make a speed-knife that would work for Zombies, but since all you have are Frags I'd imagine it wouldn't work...

Correct, but if you notice the knife in zombies is faster than multiplayer.

HippieMagic

I have a pretty simple setup with page left and right on the front tac switches because I never accidentally hit them. I have a rapid fire toggle on the top back tac switch on the left and the top back on the right is a turbo knife. My first page replaces my page left button with a toggle for an M14 rapid reload so when I use that gun as opposed to a FAL, or if I ever run out of ammo, I can easily turn it off.

I would also HIGHLY recommend having one blank page with the exception of your page left or right buttons just so you have a page that can be blank. It will help if you ever switch games or just want to play without mods. Test your macros thoroughly before relying on them as well because they may need tweaking. The macro library is more of a generic default that you can use as a starting point to be honest. It may work great and it may need adjustments for your style, connection, or preference but that is the beauty of being able to tweak it.

Directshot999

HippieMagic said:
I have a pretty simple setup with page left and right on the front tac switches because I never accidentally hit them. I have a rapid fire toggle on the top back tac switch on the left and the top back on the right is a turbo knife. My first page replaces my page left button with a toggle for an M14 rapid reload so when I use that gun as opposed to a FAL, or if I ever run out of ammo, I can easily turn it off.

I would also HIGHLY recommend having one blank page with the exception of your page left or right buttons just so you have a page that can be blank. It will help if you ever switch games or just want to play without mods. Test your macros thoroughly before relying on them as well because they may need tweaking. The macro library is more of a generic default that you can use as a starting point to be honest. It may work great and it may need adjustments for your style, connection, or preference but that is the beauty of being able to tweak it.

Good idea about the blank page... My connection is usually very strong (I'm host in about 4/5 games), so I SHOULDN'T have to worry about changing up the already made mods... but even if I do (and I know I will eventually), I know I can change it, lol

NYjetsNY1

Just for clarification purposes:

The ONLY shooter game with connection issues is black ops. That is the only game that slows your rapid-fire dude to connection issues. MW2, and every other shooter, do not.

HippieMagic

I noticed I have most of my luck in Black Ops by using it as a secondary and NOT the primary means of which I kill people. I fail hard most of the time if I use the M14/FAL as a primary because of the limitations rapid fire has in BO but when I use it with a handgun or with Second Chance the controller is amazing. This may just be the style that I play that causes this feeling but I know that it has gotten me a lot of kills while just using it as my last resort. The 3 main things I use it for in BO are the Turbo Knife, Handgun rapid fire, and sniping.

It has made my sniping worlds better in this game. It is nice only having to scope in to hold my breath and that rapid fire toggle helps a lot when I go to switch weapons.

odingalt

Staff member
HippieMagic said:
I noticed I have most of my luck in Black Ops by using it as a secondary and NOT the primary means of which I kill people. I fail hard most of the time if I use the M14/FAL as a primary because of the limitations rapid fire has in BO but when I use it with a handgun or with Second Chance the controller is amazing. This may just be the style that I play that causes this feeling but I know that it has gotten me a lot of kills while just using it as my last resort. The 3 main things I use it for in BO are the Turbo Knife, Handgun rapid fire, and sniping.

It has made my sniping worlds better in this game. It is nice only having to scope in to hold my breath and that rapid fire toggle helps a lot when I go to switch weapons.

Ditto, I spend 90% of my time using Akimbo Pistols with akimbo spray macro, or the shotgun with jitter turned on. On those few maps where you just can't close the distance, I'll use like Enfield with rapidfire actually turned on, to slow down the Enfield's firing rate and conserve ammo. With this I can usually gun down two or even three enemies with the same clip as there's plenty of ammo still left in the chamber after I kill the first or second guy. Plus I'm not good aim so it gives me a little more ammo to try to get that headshot in.