Last Newbie Question Multi Press A Button?

fst2011

Hello again,

Truly sorry for few posts I have tried doing it myself but after a few tries and cannot figure out I have to come here or next I will throw my laptop out the window...so

This is for GTA5 I figured out how to get the A remapped to the #4 tac...but when I hold down the tac4 he only runs and doesnt do the fast run...which would be hitting the A button multi times...I know how to do this in macro360 but not runes....can someone...anyone....please help me...and I promise I will not ask anymore questions until tomorrow

Thanks

bonefisher

When making the rune start out at 0.1s then draw out to 0.4s then the default settings are on loop so you don't have to change anything there so you good to go.....Try that out and tell if it is work correctly.

Attachments

• A.PNG
    A.PNG
    90.6 KB · Views: 6

fst2011

I will try that but dont think it will work currently I have it starting at .0s to 0.5s and the Loop then release and play once more which is the 1 option. If you want different loop setting please tell me which number one or the exact name.

I remember with the macro360 you could add multi button presses but you cant with forge...can someone tell me how I would make it think im pressing the A button multi times so I can get that fast run feature...thanks guys

fst

bonefisher

Ok try the one I put as a example and leave it on default setting loop and that will act as a rapid fire A button press. Long as you hold the tac.

fst2011

YES!...got it bone thanks a bunch. Now have another new problem to solve...please check the LT to LB thread....could use your help.

;)

odingalt

Staff member
It's done exactly the same on Berserker as it was done on XBOX 360 Macro. (On XBOX 360 you also needed to add a gap at the beginning and then setup the loop config).

odingalt

Staff member
For a long time we've had a "to do" (even for XBOX 360) to add a feature: give the customer the ability to set a marker on the timeline that indicates the end of the rune. That way you could draw the button press from time stamp 0 up to (some time later), and then go even later and set a marker. Right now, the software always assumes that the rune ends at the end of the last button press (or joystick movement). It's nuanced but I think in some cases (not in this particular case) we don't want to have to start with a gap and end with a press.

oDEEKo

For a long time we've had a "to do" (even for XBOX 360) to add a feature: give the customer the ability to set a marker on the timeline that indicates the end of the rune. That way you could draw the button press from time stamp 0 up to (some time later), and then go even later and set a marker. Right now, the software always assumes that the rune ends at the end of the last button press (or joystick movement). It's nuanced but I think in some cases (not in this particular case) we don't want to have to start with a gap and end with a press.

As an FYI for anyone who hadn't figured this out already... You can achieve what Odins describing using an LED flash on the timeline to mark the end of the rune, example below:

The 0.01s duration of LED flash is so short you won't actually see the LED flash on your controller, it simply acts as an end point for the rune before it loops again.

You could alternatively just add another very short button press at the end of the button trace you are looping, but if you were to then alter the scaling of the timeline it could upset your rune timing.